BuddyPress is one of the most powerful WordPress social network plugin. BuddyPress and it’s addons allows you to create a featured social network website like Facebook. If you always wished to have a website for your community whether it’s for your school, college, business, club members, or just simply a private community website then this WordPress plugin can be the perfect choice for you. You will have member profiles, activity streams, user groups, messaging, notifications and more.
Creating a Buddypress Demo website is completely free and very easy. It donot require any prior coding knowledge only simple WordPress setup experience is enough.
let’s create a BuddyPress demo using our free BuddyPress Theme BuddyX and some plugins .
Table of Contents
Setup BuddyPress Demo
Here in this video I will show you how create a BuddyPress demo to test and understand it’s features how everything will look with BuddyX theme. We recommend to create your demo as it will be easy to delete in just one click.
BuddyPress Demo with BuddyX Theme
BuddyPress easily integrate with WordPress plugins for LMS and Marketplaces.
checkout all the BuddyPres demos we have created using BuddyX theme and LMS plugins LearnDash, LifterLMS, LearnPress, TutorLMS, Dokan Marketplace, WC Vendors, gamipress, BadgeOs etc.
BuddyPress Demos with Reign BuddyPress Themes
Reign is our premium theme which have dedicated support for LMS and Multi Vendor plugins and offers dedicated Reign Addons to setup your right combination with BuddyPress, BuddyBoss platform or even PeepSo.
Checkout all the Reign addons to understand what we mean.
checkout all our Reign Demos here.
- BuddyPress Demo with Reign Theme – Click here | Try Sandbox
- BuddyBoss Platform Demo with Reign Theme – Click here
- PeepSo Demo with Reign Theme – Click here | Try Sandbox
Social Learning LMS
- LearnDash Demo with Reign Theme – Click here | Try Sandbox
- Sensei Demo with Reign Theme – Click here
- Tutor LMS Demo with Reign Theme – Click here
- LifterLMS Demo with Reign Theme – Click here | Try Sandbox
Social Marketplace – Multi Vendor E-commerce
- Dokan Demo with Reign Theme – Click here | Try Sandbox
- WCFM Demo with Reign Theme – Click here
- WC Vendors Demo with Reign Theme – Click here | Try Sandbox
- Event Manager Demo with Reign Theme – Click here
Community Job Board
- GeoDirectory Demo with Reign Theme – Click here
- BuddyPress Demo with Reign BuddyPress Theme – Click Here
- BuddyPress and BuddyBoss Platform Demo with Free BuddyX Theme – Click Here
To help you test BuddyPress, we are giving you a live Sandbox BuddyPress Demo website using our Reign BuddyPress Theme.
BuddyPress Dark Mode Demo
Reign theme offers multiple theme color scheme along with the dark mode.
BuddyPress Dark Mode Demo here
BuddyPress provides a unique social aspect to your website and helps in creating social Learning, Social Marketplace and Social blogging platform. Check out multiple demos of how BuddyPress integrates with LMS Plugins like LearnDash, Tutor LMS, Lifter LMS, and LearnPress. We have also built some powerful BuddyPress add-ons that are included in the demo. These BuddyPress add-ons add many required functionality to a social networking website such as adding more privacy control to your community, customizing the activity stream options, adding hashtags feature, adding status updates and moods, and a lot more. Take a look:
Features of BuddyPress Plugin
- Creating and updating user profiles, BuddyPress allows users to create their own profiles and update it with the relevant information.
- Sending friend requests. Users can also send friend requests as well as follow other users.
- Sending Private messages. BuddyPress also gives features of messaging just like facebook. Users can send private messages to one another and can also choose to receive an email notification for the same.
- Create And Join Groups. Admin can choose to let their users create and join groups of common interest.
- Users can follow activity streams. BuddyPress activity streams provide a quick view of the recent activity going on within a site or with regard to a particular user.
- Forum Discussions. BuddyPress is fully integrated with bbPress, thus allowing users to participate in forum topics and other discussions.
- BuddyPress Member Profile
- BuddyPress Friend Connections
- BuddyPress Private Messaging
- Activity Stream
- Notification System
- BuddyPress User Group
1. Extended Profile
Your member will have a personalised profile page with custom profile fields. The profile tab will display data input given by a user. They can change it any time they want. For example, I would like my users to tell their birthday, email, about me etc. We can create different input fields and let user. BuddyPress now also include BuddyPress member type and Group type inbuilt with latest update.Using BuddyPress Newsfeed addon you can merge the diffrent activity steams into one for a member profile. One more popular BuddyPress addon is BuddyPress Status it allows to add text on profile header or emojis to show next to username.
Extended BuddyPress Profile:
You can also add more features to BuddyPress Extended Profile such as repeater fields and much more with the amazing BuddyPress Profile Pro Add-on. This plugin allows that you can easily add multiple field groups and display them at member’s profile. The Repeater groups can be like Education, Work history and lots more and the repeater fields like multiple phone number, multiple website URLs, skills sets with multiple values.
2. Adding BuddyPress Friend Connections
- Add Privacy To Your Community: You can also lock BuddyPress components such as messages, friends, activity stream and other for your logged out users with the help of BuddyPress Private Community Pro add on for BuddyPress. Therefore, if you wish to create a completely private community, you can do so easily with the help of this addon.
Proven Solutions To Stop BuddyPress Spam
3. Sending BuddyPress Private Messaging
- Censoring Unwanted Content: You can also use BuddyPress Profanity plugin to censor content in your community! Easily Censor all the unwanted words in activities, private messages contents by specifying a list of keywords to be filtered.
- Adding Status Updates: You can also update status on your BuddyPress Activity and set moods on your profile with the help of BuddyPress Status Plugin.
5. Activity Stream
- Customize Activity Streams: You can also create your own Activity Stream with the help of BuddyPress Activity Filter plugin for BuddyPress. This free plugin allows you to customize the working of BuddyPress Activity. This feature is usually done via coding but after this plugin, it has become much easier. BuddyPress Activity Filter allows site admin to change the default activity filter based on the type of activity.
- Add Polling Feature: If you want to create a poll activity on your BuddyPress powered website or BuddyPress Demo site, you can also do so by creating polls inside the activities on your BuddyPress site with the simple yet effective BuddyPress Polls add-on, and enhance the way your users communicate and respond.
- Bump BuddyPress Activities: You can also bring your BuddyPress activities on top with the help of BuddyPress Activity Bump add-on. This add on enables you to bump the ‘most active’ activities on top of your BuddyPress site. The activity will be highlighted as soon as anyone likes or comments on the activity
6. Notification System
Also Read: How To Grow Your Social Community Website
7. Creating BuddyPress User Groups
You can also create groups in your community website and allow your members to join the group they are interested in. Users can also share activities in the group and subscribe to different topics in the groups. If you want to learn how to create a group, you can check this tutorial on How to Create BuddyPress Groups – BuddyPress Tutorials
- Add Reviews To Groups: You can also allow your members to add reviews to various BuddyPress Groups with BuddyPress Group Reviews Plugin. It allows BuddyPress members to add group reviews & give multi-rating to given criteria(s). After the review post, all reviews displayed in the manage review section of the group.
The beauty of the BuddyPress lies in its modular design which you can see in the BuddyPress demo. These features are present in modules. You can activate and deactivate any features you want at any time.
You can use BuddyPress to create sites like:
- A campus-wide social network for your university, school or college
- An internal community for your company
- Niche social networks for very specific interest groups
- Focused communities for products & services
- Integrated with bbPress to enhance community forums