BuddyPress is the most suited and popular plugin to build a social networking like a website on WordPress. This plugin is compatible with almost all the WordPress themes. From members, chats, groups to activities, this plugin offers everything a social networking site needs. Major Features of BuddyPress are Private Messaging, Extended Profiles, Activity Streams, BuddyPress Group, Friend Connections, Discussion Forums. One of the best thing that you can do with this plugin is to create groups. But how should you do that? In this article, we will let you know How you can create BuddyPress Groups.
Groups in BuddyPress lets your users subscribe to different topics and join a group they feel interested in. For example, if you have members who love Football, then you can create a group a group named, “Football” and share relevant topics in that particular group. The users can easily join that Group of their interest and share their activities. Therefore, BuddyPress Group Creation is a very useful feature that you can create for your social community website.
How to create BuddyPress Groups?
So let us get started with the step by step tutorial on how you can create a BuddyPress Group. The theme that I have used for creating a Group is Reign-The Ultimate BuddyPress Theme by Wbcom Designs.
- Go to the Groups page, click on “Create a Group”. This will take you to the BuddyPress Group Creation Page.
- Here, Firstly, Fill out the information for the Group name and the Group description in the Details Section. Both of these fields are required.
Also Read: Top WC Vendor Marketplace Themes
- Click the “Create Group and Continue” button and now you’ll be in the “Settings” tab. This tab is where you configure the groups’ settings. Select the privacy option you wish to assign to the group and select who can invite users to the group.
- You can also create BuddyPress Group Type with the help of a free plugin called BuddyPress Group Types by Wbcom Designs. This is a BuddyPress plugin that uses the new Group Types feature in order to create a range of admin defined group types for selection by the group creator. After installing this plugin, you will get an option to Create Group Type in the Settings Option.
- Next Step will be to add Forum to your Group. If you want to add a Forum to your Group then check mark the Add Forum box and Continue.
- Now, Go to the Next Step”. You can assign a specific picture to the Group if you wish. If so, upload an image by choosing a file and clicking the “Upload Image” button.
- Next Step will be “Media” where you can control who can create albums in the group. Specify your audience and move to Next Step.
- Next Step will be Cover Image that will let you upload a Cover Image for the Group.
- Click “Next Step” and you’ll now be on the final tab labeled “Invites”. This tab decides who you can invite to this Group. You’ll be able to send invites at any time. BuddyPress requires you to have friend connections before you can invite users.
- Click on the “Finish” button and you’ll now be taken to that group’s page within BuddyPress.
BuddyPress is a really great plugin and to create a group is one the easiest thing that you can do. I hope this article helped you in creating BuddyPress groups for your social community website.