It also allows them to set icons such as emojis to appear beside their username at the profile. Thus, your members can also express their moods on their status update.
BuddyPress Status comes with inbuilt set of icons and also gives admins the feature to upload their custom emoji and icons from backend
Key Features of BuddyPress Status
- Status Icon options to display at the frontend beside a member’s username on his profile page.
- Activity Reaction Icons to give reactions to activity updates.
- Drag and drop feature to select icons from a variety of emoji sets available to be displayed at the frontend for members.
- General settings of status icons for certain components include:
- Enable or disable status icon in activity loop
- Enable or disable status icon at the user profile page
- Enable or disable reaction icon in BuddyPress activity actions
What’s difference between single & developer license?
Talking in terms of functionality, both versions offer the same features. It’s about usage policy.
Single license allows you to use plugin or theme at a single domain and developer license allows you to use plugin or theme at multiple domains. Support will be limited to buyers only.
Does this plugin requires any other plugin?
Yes, this plugin require BuddyPress to be installed and activated.
Where will the status appear?
The set status will appear beside the username at a member’s profile.
Can I set icons of my choice?
Yes, this plugin allows an admin to select icons as well as reaction icons from an available set of icons.
Can I upload a custom emoji?
BuddyPress Status gives admins the feature to upload their custom emoji and icons from backend.
Can we save status messages and use them later on like on what’s app?
Yes, You can store up to ten status, adding more than that will delete the oldest one.