Do you want to build a website with WordPress? Are you looking for a new way to make money online? In this post, I’m going to teach you how to build a WordPress community site.
Online communities are the next big thing; many brands and businesses have considered it and are starting to create a community around their brand. Most brands do not understand the importance of content. Content is the king, and I am talking here to all the brands and businesses believing just to run their business off a traditional approach.
Continue reading this blog to get a better understanding of online communities and their uses in the 21st century.
What is a WordPress Online Community site?
A WordPress online community site is an online community site made with the use of WordPress. Similar to a normal online community website. An online community website is a place where people can share ideas, opinions, thoughts, etc. It’s like a social media platform that allows users to connect with each other.
The difference between a normal online community website and a WordPress online community site is that the latter has more features. For example, a WordPress online community site will allow its members to upload images, videos, audio files, documents, etc. The user interface of a WordPress online community site also looks much different than a normal online community website because of the fact that it comes with a lot of themes and plugins.
WordPress Community Site – Beneficial for brands or not?
I think that most brands or businesses should consider creating a WordPress community site. Why? Because there are so many benefits that come with having a WordPress community site:
WordPress community site offers so many marketing opportunities for brands, and businesses.
1) A WordPress community site is a great way to promote your products and services. You can easily add links to your own product pages on your WordPress community site. This means that when someone visits your WordPress community site, they can see what you offer and click through to your own website.
2) If you’re a blogger, then you can write about your favorite topics and earn some extra cash from affiliate programs.
3) A WordPress community site gives you the opportunity to interact with your customers directly. You can ask them questions, give them advice, etc.
4) A WordPress community site can be used as a tool to help you grow your email list. People who join your community site can subscribe to your newsletter.
5) A WordPress community site helps you build trust and credibility among your target audience. When people visit your WordPress community site, you can show them that you care about them by giving away freebies, offering discounts, etc.
6) A WordPress community site makes it easy for you to collect feedback from your customers. You can use surveys, polls, comments, etc. to gather information from your visitors.
Why choose WordPress to create your community website?
There are so many reasons why you should choose WordPress to create your WordPress community site. Here are some of them:
1) WordPress is one of the best CMS platforms out there. There are thousands of themes and plugins available for WordPress.
2) WordPress is very easy to use. Anyone can learn how to use WordPress within minutes.
3) WordPress is open source software which means that anyone can download it and modify it if needed.
4) WordPress is very popular. More than 30% of all websites in the world run on WordPress.
5) WordPress is constantly being updated. New versions of WordPress are released every year. So, you don’t have to worry about running outdated software.
How to create a good online community website using WordPress?
Creating a WordPress community website might not be the easiest task available in this world but yeah it is one of the easiest tasks! Creating a website where you do not have to code? Isn’t that enough blissful for your ears? Well, without any further ado let us jump right into the steps required to create a WordPress community site:
Choose a name for your online community
The first thing that you need to decide before starting anything is the name of your community site. The name of your community site will determine the success of your community site. So, make sure that you pick a good name for your community site.
Choose the web hosting service provider
Once you’ve decided on the name of your community website, now comes the time to find a web hosting service provider. Choosing a web hosting service provider is just like choosing a car or a house. You want something reliable and affordable.
Select a domain name
After selecting a web hosting service provider, you’ll also need to select a domain name. Domain names are similar to URLs (Uniform Resource Locators). They tell the internet what your website’s address is. Choose something related or similar to the name of your community, as it will be easy for people to find your website’s address.
Now that you’ve selected a domain name and a web hosting service provider for your community site, it’s time to install WordPress. This step is pretty simple. All you need to do is follow the instructions provided by your web hosting service provider. Once you’re done installing WordPress, you’ll get an access key and login details. Use these login details to log in to your new WordPress installation.
BuddyPress is a premium WordPress plugin for creating online community websites. Well, we recommend you use BuddyPress as the plugin to build a community website as it offers various necessary modifications to your social community website.
Choose a theme that best fits your needs
After installing all the major things required for your community website, now it is time to choose the most important thing for your online community website. Yes, I am talking about choosing a theme for your online community website. Choosing a theme for your website is like plucking a flower from a garden full of beautiful flowers. However, choosing a theme becomes easier when you get into deeper details, similar to choosing flowers based on colors, style, etc.
Use Reign theme, a premium community-building solution for modern-day websites. Reign is the best white-level community solution. It is customizable, user-friendly, attractive, and highly responsive.
Add additional plugins to your WordPress community site
Furthermore, do not start celebrating by just achieving your target. Add meaningful add-ons to your social community site and make changes frequently. People nowadays get bored of meaningful things pretty quickly. They demand for change, wait no more than 2 times, and switch to a platform that fulfills their requirements. So, the very first thing you need to make sure of after starting a WordPress community site is its regular modification and creating engagement using content.
Wrapping Up Words
In conclusion, creating a community website isn’t hard if you have the right tools. With WordPress, you can easily build a beautiful, functional website without needing any programming knowledge. And once you’ve built your site, you can use plugins like Members Blog Pro to add features like allowing members to post blogs. Once you’ve done all that, you can customize your site however you’d like using themes like Reign or BuddyX. At last, you’re ready to invite others into your online world!