Are you looking for the best WordPress icon plugins for your website? Recently one of our users asked us what’s the easiest way to add icon fonts to their WordPress theme? Icon fonts allow you to add vector icons without slowing down your website. In this article, we will show you how to easily add icon fonts to your WordPress theme.
WordPress Icon Plugins
1. Menu Icons by ThemeIsle
This plugin gives you the ability to add icons to your menu items, similar to the look of the latest dashboard menu. Menu icons work with most of the themes out there, especially with popular ones like Twenty Seventeen.
- After the plugin is activated, go to Appearance > Menus to edit your menus
- Enable/Disable icon types in the “Menu Icons Settings” meta box
- Set default settings for the current nav menu; these settings will be inherited by the newly added menu items
- Select an icon by clicking on the “Select icon” link
- Save the menu
2. WP SVG Icons
This plugin has a custom icon importer that you can use to create and upload your own custom icons without writing a single line of code. Besides, its pro features include an icon customizer that adjusts the size, color, link, and more of the icon. Moreover, it also allows you to animate your icons using smooth CSS3 Animations.
- Icon customizer
- Unlimited custom icons
- Icon Animation
- Built-in widget support
- Easily generate an icon container to use on your landing pages
3. Floating Social Media Icons
It is a Social Media Icon plugin for WordPress website which is packed with lots of features. Even its basic version has 20+ icon themes, widget support, icon animation, drag, and drops reorder, set icon size, shortcode support, and more. The Pro version allows you to configure its feature more easily.
- Tons of icons to choose from
- Sharp quality icons
- Easy configuration
- Multiple widget support
- Configure Animation Repeat Interval
- Automatic or manual integration
- Advanced PHP and shortcodes support
4. Iconize WordPress Plugin
Iconize provides approx 2000 vector icons crisp at 16x pixels. You can use them in your posts, pages, widget titles, menu items, and taxonomy terms using a modal dialog. The dash icons are available in WordPress 3.8 and crisp at 20x pixels. This WYSIWYG editor lets you add and edit pixel-perfect icons easily without any shortcodes.
- Browse icons by font
- Search for icon by name
- Set icon color
- Enable/disable color change effect on hover
- Select predefined transform, animation or hover effect CSS class
- Select predefined size CSS class or enter font size
- Select predefined align CSS class
- Add custom CSS classes
- Editor, Menus system, Widgets system, Taxonomy system integration
And, a lot more.
5. WordPress Social Icons
This plugin is best if you want to add social media icons to your WordPress site. This way, you can help your site visitors to follow your social platforms. This plugin is compatible with almost all the WordPress themes and offers easy and fast ways to add a widget on your site using WordPress shortcode, native WordPress widget, and Visual Composer.
- GDPR Compliant
- 50+ Predefined social icons
- Choose the right size and shape
- 6 Predefined styles: Default, Material, Flat, Classic, Bordered, Symbol.
- Attractive color combinations
- User-friendly Editor
6. Hamburger Icon Menu
Would you like to create a hamburger menu on your website? Try this amazing WordPress Hamburger plugin. This plugin offers 2 types of menu items output layout— vertical and horizontal. You have full control on menu bar icon color, size, position, menu item animations, and a lot more.
- 5 Menu layouts
- Animation, color, and size options
- Google fonts support
- Fullscreen video and image background
- Sliding menu with content
- Social icons section
- Side flyout with Hamburger Icon
- Fullscreen menu with Hamburger Icon
- Social Icons Section
7. iOS7 Style Font Icons
This plugin provides you with vector icons that can be customized using CSS. You can easily customize the size, color, shadow, and more. It is compatible with Font Awesome CSS Classes and IE7. The cross-browser compatible icons work perfectly in all modern browsers.
- Choose from 382 iOS 7 style icons
- Use visual cues for enhanced user experience
- Customize icons using CSS
- High-quality retina icons
- Cross Browser Compatibility ( Including IE7 )
Final Thoughts On WordPress Icon Plugins
I hope that this article helped you a lot in order to find the perfect WordPress icons plugins for your website. So, which one is your’s favorite? For any query feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading.