Seeking the finest eCommerce hosting service for your online store? To offer your customers a blazing-fast shopping experience, your eCommerce hosting needs to be set for high performance.
Even a delay of a second could drop your conversions by 7 percent, so it’s important for you to select the finest eCommerce hosting that doesn’t compromise on performance or speed. This article introduces you to the best eCommerce hosting companies in 2023 to manage your online shop.
WordPress eCommerce Hostings
“Before deciding what hosting option is best for your website, you can use a tool like “Hoo’s Hosting” to detect who is hosting a website and after that, cross reference your findings with this article to decide which of those companies is the best one for you.”
SiteGround is among the favorite all-around WordPress hosting companies. The company has been carving a name for itself in the WordPress community for some time now. Their hosting platform is powerful in the matter of WordPress-optimized servers, besides they present managed WordPress hosting at price points that are unheard of (you won’t get a cheaper managed host of similar quality anywhere else).
It’s also worth noting that SiteGround is among the few officially suggested hosts by WordPress.org.
The StartUp package was adopted for the tests. Although for a usually more WordPress-optimized package, the GrowBig or GoGeek plan is recommended. They are a bit more costly but contain extra perks like advanced caching (custom-built by SiteGround), premium wildcard SSL certificates, staging, and free PCI compliance – if you wish to run an e-commerce store.
Also Read: How To Speed Up And Optimize WordPress Sites
- WordPress Installation: Making WordPress up and running with the inbuilt installer needed only a few clicks. The installation process was really as smooth as possible. You also get to select your server location during the setup process. 5 data centers are present – in Asia, the USA, and Europe.
- Customer Support: SiteGround presents what they term “unmatched” support (by chat, tickets, phone, and social media), and it’s hard to contest that, honestly. Besides being able to access your account and repair any issues, the support agents are also enlightened about WordPress and WordPress hosting and can assist you with a variety of different issues that may not strictly relate to hosting. Specific mention has to come out to the smoothness of their customer support software and the additional mile the staff were ready to go in presenting detailed account advice and offering screenshots.
- Uptime And Response Times: It’s difficult to mention anything bad regarding SiteGround’s response times or uptime, truly.
Responses in the range of 850ms (during a 3-month period) are more than you can expect with most of the different hosts in the market, and the uptime record is really great.
2. Cloudways- eCommerce Hosting
Cloudways is a popular cloud-based hosting platform that supports the BuddyBoss platform. It offers several benefits for hosting a BuddyBoss site, including:
- Performance: Cloudways provides high-performance cloud servers that are optimized for BuddyBoss, which helps ensure a fast and smooth user experience for your community.
- Scalability: Cloudways offers scalable hosting solutions that can grow with your website. This makes it a good choice if you expect your BuddyBoss community to grow over time.
- Flexibility: Cloudways offers a range of cloud hosting options, including DigitalOcean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and others. This allows you to choose the cloud hosting solution that best fits your needs.
- Managed Hosting: Cloudways offers a fully managed hosting solution, which means they take care of all the technical details, such as software updates, backups, and server maintenance.
- Support: Cloudways provides 24/7 support, which means you can get help whenever you need it.
In conclusion, Cloudways can be a good choice for hosting a BuddyBoss platform. It offers high performance, scalability, flexibility, and support, which are important factors to consider when choosing a hosting service.
3. Flywheel- eCommerce Hosting
Flywheel presents an extremely inviting offer for people who want to take up managed WordPress hosting but also don’t wish to invest excessively in it.
It is feature-rich, and you can hope for great performance also. The $13.00 per month plan permits you to host one WordPress website, and you can manage nearly 5,000 visitors monthly (20 GB of bandwidth). You also receive 5GB of disk space and free site migration. The servers function on the Google Cloud Platform.
Highlighting the “managed” features particularly, Flywheel offers you things like multisite support, daily backups, staging (extremely cool if you wish to test new things before bringing them to the public), and SFTP, besides there’s also a free SSL certificate. They also attend to your WordPress updates through the main Flywheel panel instead of making you fiddle with that from the wp-admin.
What’s truly striking is the ease of use of Flywheel’s platform and user panel. Everything is plain, and simple to navigate, and you don’t have to be a service pro to do basic tweaks or configure anything.
- WordPress Installation: This literally couldn’t be simpler. There are a few ways for you to get WordPress installed. First, you can migrate your present site from your earlier host (for free), you can also build a new site from the Flywheel dashboard in a few clicks, or you can employ a tool termed Local by Flywheel to create a site locally (on your Mac or PC) and then export it to your live Flywheel setup.
- Customer Support: Live chat is present 24/7. You can even submit support tickets whenever you want. As Flywheel permits only WordPress websites, you can presume the support team to understand their way around WordPress. To simplify things, there’s a substantial knowledge base with plenty of useful articles regarding their WordPress hosting platform.
- Uptime And Response Times: Flywheel’s uptime till now has been perfect. The response time is also satisfactory. Times in the range of 1.2s are sufficient to ensure that your visitors will have a nice experience browsing the site.
4. Bluehost- eCommerce Hosting
The basic package is a very inexpensive WordPress hosting option – a shared WordPress hosting plan, to be precise. One instant point to mark is that Bluehost is the sole alternative on the list that doesn’t present a monthly package. 12-month commitments are the least, though that is counteracted somewhat by a powerful money-back guarantee policy.
- WordPress Installation: Apart from the regular cPanel options in place, Bluehost’s single-click WordPress installations are managed by a service termed MojoMarketplace.
- Customer Support: Service through chat support was quick and friendly and aided us with rectifying the starting WordPress installation issues and setting up a temporary URL to see our site.
- Uptime And Response Times: Bluehost presents almost perfect uptime records with no issues along the way.
On the side of response times, Bluehost has been underperforming slightly recently. The average response times have remained around the 1.5-second mark.
5. Kinsta- eCommerce Hosting
Kinsta comprises a boutique hosting provider for WordPress that highlights primarily optimized managed hosting installations. Nevertheless, their being “boutique” doesn’t imply that they can’t manage the load.
In reality, Kinsta possesses the complete power of the Google Cloud Platform behind it. They acquire Google’s infrastructure and render it more accessible and simpler to use. Kinsta doesn’t employ the conventional cPanel UI, but rather offers users a custom panel that highlights what’s essential while concealing everything else.
The fact that this host is “managed” implies that it’s Kinsta who manages all server-management-associated tasks for you.
- WordPress Installation: As you’re configuring your account, you can ask Kinsta to install WordPress on your hosting account for you. You simply need to tick one box.
- Customer Support: Kinsta presents 24/7 chat and ticket support. The representatives understand WordPress and can aid with anything you might find challenging. Besides, the fact that you don’t need to handle cPanel will also decrease the number of times you require to contact support initially.
- Uptime And Response Times: Kinsta’s uptime is indeed great. There are scarcely any issues with it, and the numbers are self-explanatory.
The response times are probably even more striking. The 160ms average during a 3-month period isn’t something you witness each day with different hosts.
6. WP Engine- eCommerce Hosting
The plan that has been tested here is termed Personal, which is the entry-level plan with WP Engine. In it, you’re permitted to have one WordPress install, and it can manage nearly 25,000 visits per month, so probably more than sufficient for the majority of new websites.
- WordPress Installation: The entire sign-up process with WP Engine is very plain, and it is getting mentioned here since installing WordPress is an integral part of that first sign-up. To put it differently, you don’t require to perform any WordPress installation by yourself, the WP Engine crew attends to that for you. At the conclusion of sign-up, you just receive an email with all the access credentials and vital data concerning your new site.
- Customer Support: WP Engine presents some superb support options – through the helpdesk and chat (besides phone if you’re on a bigger plan).
- Uptime And Response Times: WP Engine has an almost perfect uptime record with no surprises.
The really striking thing, nevertheless, is their average response time. During the previous 3 months, it was 150ms. Nothing more could be literally asked for from a WordPress host.
The starter package was tried out here.
Signup with HostGator was easy and we were quickly logged into a quite traditional cPanel setup on the backend without incident.
- WordPress Installation: Installation was also effortless utilizing the inbuilt cPanel WordPress installer. It was required to update themes post-install, but it was only a matter of some clicks.
- Customer Support: Customer support was reached out for help in setting up a temporary URL. There was a slight hiccup here with a wait time of 8 minutes on chat. They weren’t relatively as fast to point in the right direction as earlier WordPress hosting providers, but it was reached in the end.
- Uptime And Response Times: HostGator is amongst the extremely few companies that have managed to achieve a perfect uptime record. No issues over a 3-month period.
In the matter of response times, they’re stable but could be slightly better. Presently, the 3-month average is at 660ms.
The basic package was evaluated here.
Despite their previously less-than-stellar user interface reputation, signing up to GoDaddy did not encounter a hitch.
This feeling stayed on into the backend, which was a modern take on cPanel and intuitively laid out – the simplest one to navigate thus far in fact.
- WordPress Installation: WordPress installation was a snap with the inbuilt installer.
- Customer Support: GoDaddy was the sole WordPress hosting provider in the list not to promote the provision of temporary URLs, compelling to set up a standard subdomain here. The initial attempt to contact support through chat was less than perfect, with wait times of more than 40 minutes reported, so the phones were hit instead. Support here was splendid. Very friendly and professional, they talked through the subdomain options and helped in making alterations to the account itself.
- Uptime And Response Times: GoDaddy’s uptime has its issues from time to time, although still nothing too harsh. You can hope for your site to present you with a nice-enough performance around the year, particularly for the price paid by you.
The response times are not quite impressive recently. The average response time during a 3-month period is at 9s. Obviously, the metrics were better a few months ago.
GreenGeeks is an exciting alternative for those who regard themselves as being environmentally aware. This WordPress hosting platform has been devised with the aim of “maximum use” in mind, which implies that the architecture renders it possible for no resources to be squandered anywhere.
Further, the company claims that for each amperage they draw from the grid, they re-invest 3 times that in the shape of renewable energy through Bonneville Environmental Foundation.
On the side of WordPress things, Green Geeks presents WordPress-based plans at economical prices, and with plenty of features.
Their entire servers employ Solid State Drives (offering you improved loading times), there’s customized caching technology, you receive a free SSL certificate to use, and you can combine your setup with Cloudflare.
- WordPress Installation: GreenGeeks provides you with useful one-click WordPress installs, not needing much to do for you manually. Besides, you also obtain automatic updates, which should make handling the site on a continuing basis more hassle-free.
- Customer Support: You can utilize 3 primary support channels with GreenGeeks: email, chat, and phone. Live chat is probably the best option – present 24/7.
- Uptime And Response Times: GreenGeeks provides so-so uptime with some durations of unavailability.
Regarding the response times, there is a little rise over the previous months, which has raised the 3-month average to the level of 1.5s.
iPage also presents “WordPress” hosting. They possess two WordPress plans which cost$3.75 per month and $6.95 per month, both plans include a free domain name for one year.
iPage presents support through 24/7 live chat and phone. Both plans are equipped with single-click installs for WordPress and also a free SSL certificate. Storage and Bandwidth are both unlimited.
Whereas their uptime (99.94%) and load time (709 ms) aren’t bad, the performance, generally, isn’t as nice as different WordPress geared web hosts.
Pagely has been in the hosting business for a considerable time. Their hosting packages serve the higher end of the market for high-traffic sites that require great performance and security. Besides, with the incorporated backend Amazon AWS servers, you’ll obtain access to enhanced developer features that are difficult to find elsewhere.
Some of Pagely’s features consist of:
- Regular and automated WordPress plugin and core updates
- Real-time security scans for better protection against malware and DDoS attacks
- Basically zero limits on the plugins you can employ and install throughout your site
- An integrated CDN for better site performance across the world
- Pagely specializes in scalability, redundancy, and custom-developed site security features, so if these factors prevail, then they’re certainly a host worth considering.
Your selection of e-commerce web hosts will have powerful repercussions across your store’s lifetime. Your host can affect your website’s security, its performance, and the quality of support you have access to. It’s not a decision to be taken lightly, but if you follow the above guidelines you should end up on the correct path.
Best Hosting Service For WordPress