Are you looking out for the best WordPress security plugins? The following list contains free WordPress security plugins. These plugins that are being installed almost every day. I find them quite important when it comes to security. Nearly essential to a fast, secure, high-performing, user-friendly WordPress plugins.
Best WordPress Security Plugins
All these plugins are very advanced and easy to use. Created by experienced developers. Overall it’s free.
So, Here listing down the essential WordPress plugins. Let’s Check it out –
1. iThemes Security Plugin
When it comes to managing your website, Security Should is the topmost priority .iThemes security plugin provides numerous ways to secure your site and protect it from hackers. They even offer a one-click, “set it up for me” option.
Sharing some features which this security plugin carries –
- Brute force attack protection
- Enforce strong passwords
- Automatically ban malicious login attempts
- Monitor your filesystem
- Scan for malware
- Email notifications And, much more …
2. BulletProof Security
Another popular plugin that helps to secure your WordPress website is BulletProof Security. This plugin provides single-click security solution. It secures your website against RFI, XSS, CRLF, SQL injection, and code injection hackings.
Features BulletProof Plugin carries –
• An easy single-click setup
• A record of the number of login attempts
• File monitoring and quarantining of uploaded files
• Email alerts for a variety of user actions
• Alerts when suspected malicious activity affects your site
And so, much more…
3. Sucuri Plugin
Sucuri is one of an essential WordPress security Plugin. This plugin is free for all WordPress users. Offers a set of security features for their website, each designed to have a positive effect on their security stance:
Features Sucuri security plugin carries –
- Security Activity Auditing File Integrity Monitoring
- Remote Malware Scanning
- Blacklist Monitoring
- Effective Security Hardening
- Post-Hack Security Actions
- Security Notifications
- Website Firewall (premium)
4. WordPress security plugin
WordPress security plugin is the most downloaded free WordPress security plugin. With 2+ million active installations. 5/5 rating is one of the most recommended plugins. Wordfence Security is 100% free and open source. The key features of this plugin are:
The major features of this plugin are:
- Identifies malicious traffic, blocks the attackers and prevents the site from being hacked.
- Blocks the known attackers, entire malicious networks.
- Two-factor authentication helps to improve passwords.
- Scans core WordPress files, themes, and plugins.If you want to learn How to install WordPress Security plugin please refer to this link.
These, 4 useful Security plugins acts as a safeguard for your website. Even with a security plugin installed, it’s still important to keep an eye out for anything unusual on your site that could create a problem. As well, remember that the higher profile your site becomes the greater the risk of a targeted attack. So, go with these plugins and secure your websites.