The easiest way to build and customize your WordPress site is a drag and drop WordPress page builder plugin. These WordPress builder plugins let users create, edit and customize their site layout without even writing a single line of code. This blog post will talk about one such builder plugin i.e. Beaver Builder. This drag and drop WordPress page builder helps you build customized sites in minutes. Let us know more about its features, pros, and cons.
About Beaver Builder
This flexible page builder works on the front end of the user’s WordPress website and is quite flexible. You can do away with writing HTML or Shortcodes with Beaver Builder. This page builder plugin is meant for creating beautiful pages that make people look twice. With professional looking home page and content page layouts, Beaver Builder lets you design and further customize with all your heart. The plugin does not require users to keep switching between browser windows, hence speeding up the designing process. Users who opt for the Beaver Builder plugin can setup the home pages at full width. So, this makes the plugin create professional landing pages on user’s current theme and website.
Key features of Beaver Builder
- 12 pre-built home page and 11 inner page layouts that are fully customizable
- Templates for all pages like services, portfolios, contact, and blog archive pages
- Content Modules: HTML, Photo, Text Editor, Audio, Video, & Sidebar.
- Full-width, column-based layouts.
- The lightweight and semantic markup for maximum performance.
- Photo, color, and video row backgrounds.
- Mobile-friendly, responsive layouts.
- Users can switch themes without losing the content
- They can add their own CSS classes and IDs.
- Users can position images and text with precision, and build column based layouts in minutes.
Using the Beaver Builder Plugin
If you want to get started with the Beaver Builder Plugin, you need to be running the most recent WordPress version. You have to start with downloading the Builder Plugin. You can opt for the premium one if it suits your pocket. The Beaver Builder plugin is available on the following pricing plans:
Standard: $99, Pro: $199 and Agency: $399
Additional features in the premium version:
- Additional modules: Contact Form, Tabs, Slider, Pricing Table, Map, Blog Posts, Subscribe Form, Social Icons, and many more.
- Expert support from our world-class support team.
- Beautiful pre-made layout templates.
- Save, export, and reuse full-page layouts, rows, and modules.
- Build your own custom modules.
Installing the Beaver Builder
- Go to the My Account page (available after the purchase) and download the plugin’s zip file. However, if you are upgrading, make sure that you deactivate and delete the lighter version.
- Upload the zip of Beaver Builder Plugin to the dashboard. In your dashboard, visit Plugins > Add New > Upload and follow the instructions to upload and then activate it.
- Configure Admin Settings. You can find this under Settings > Page Builder. Launch the Builder: Create a new page or post > click on the Page Builder tab, or click on the Page Builder link from the post list screen. You can start building now!
The plugin offers a set of content modules to help users create spectacular layouts and intuitive landing pages. With support from the core and third party WordPress widgets and shortcodes, this plugin will work seamlessly with your theme. Beaver Builder is 100% mobile friendly making the end result fully responsive. The best thing about this plugin is that it doesn’t load a countless number of scripts and stylesheets to every page on your site, hence optimizing your WordPress site.
After all these awesome features, Beaver Builder lacks on the text editor front. The plugin developers can definitely work to improve it and let the users edit text inline from the front end of their website, instead of going to the text editor again and again.