Social media is HUGE. As technology evolves to its more futuristic forms, digital marketing, and social media develop with it too. In today’s world, having a solid social media strategy and the best digital marketing game can turn the tables around for any trade.
Here are ten tips to boost your social media and digital marketing knowledge so you can make the most of the resources at your disposal.
Social media and digital marketing: 10 ways to know more
- Know your target audience well
- Know the metrics to measure as well
- Learn how to set up goals
- Arrange for regular reviews of your performance
- Keep an eye on what the competition is up to
- Sign up for a voice and style guide for your brand
- Learn how to optimize your social media accounts
- Brainstorm about your content mix
- Scour the web for inspirations
- Make effective use of marketing tools available online
1. Know your target audience well
3 out of 4 businesses invest in social media practices. It is time you knew more about what goes on behind the scenes. Brands like Netflix conduct countless studies (250 A/B tests annually, to be exact) on user behavior when logged on to their apps and websites. These studies let them know the target audience a lot better, and even you can understand.
2. Know the metrics to measure as well
Apart from the vital social funnels, get deeper into the metrics realm. If you want to measure ROI to the fullest extent, then learn about engagement metrics and the respective type of content, you can measure it against.
3. Learn how to set up goals
Make sure you align social media and digital marketing goals with your business needs. The S.M.A.R.T. goals philosophy says that your goals should be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. That way, not only will you learn more about the process, but you will be ensuring the success of your business.
4. Arrange for regular reviews of your performance
Having a social media profile is not synonymous with having a social media presence. So, here are the questions you need to ask yourself about how far you have come.
- Which efforts are working (and which ones to ditch)?
- Who is connecting with you through social media channels?
- How does your social media presence fare in comparison with other brands?
- Which are the social media channels your target audience mainly uses?
5. Keep an eye on what the competition is up to
Other brands in your niche can teach you more than you know. Keep regular tabs on what competitors are up to. Their social media strategies can help you shape yours. Alternately, you can also gain insights about the social media channels that they frequently use so that you can target the ones left.
6. Sign up for a voice and style guide for your brand
Some brands use wit while others use resourcefulness when interacting with customers online. A voice and style guide can bring in more engagement rates. Get a voice and style guide onboard. Learn more about the kind of tone and mood you should use when posting on social media.
7. Learn how to optimize your social media accounts
Does your profile have a featured image? Does the logo look just right? Are there engaging posts on your account? Does your bio look short and succinct? All of these factors need to be figured in when you are optimizing your social media account. Take care in setting up the account, and be careful of what you post.
8. Brainstorm about your content mix
Apart from what to post where you need to review your content mix regularly. Here are a few questions that might help you head in the right direction.
- How much traffic are you targeting with your blogs?
- How much content are you planning to outsource?
- How much content will go for generating leads and direct sales?
- Which kinds of content do you want for HR and brand culture?
9. Scour the web for inspirations
The task of brainstorming is not limited to the creative team alone. Log on to creative portals like The Shorty Awards to know all about the big players in the marketing game. Know how to highlight your strengths using the power of social media. Turn to the Internet for inspiration.
10. Make effective use of marketing tools available online
Post scheduling tools like MeetEdgar and Buffer, measurement and SEO tools like Google Analytics, and video hosting tools like Vimeo and Wistia can help you too. Try your hand at these tools to learn your way around digital and social media marketing.
foeThe longer you work in the marketing field, you will know that the secret to staying on top of your game is to never stop learning. Watch out for industry leaders in your field, follow their posts regularly to know more. The more you try your hand at the tools and marketing strategies, the better you will get at strategizing.
Have anything to add? Let us know what works best for your business in the comments section.
Author Bio Section: – Ammie Jackson is a highly decorated academic assignment helper, catering to thousands of students with her expertise via the platform of Myassignmenthelp. Other than her services with Myassignmenthelp, she is a renowned marketing coordinator with a leading firm in Glasgow, United Kingdom. Ammie is a music enthusiast with a flair for writing and composing songs. Also, she loves to play her guitar and compose songs on her weekends. Along with that also provide citation services with help from the Harvard reference generator tool.