The site’s speed is a highly important factor for a WordPress website. Excessive load times harms our website in many ways. It not only decreases our site’s sped but also reduces the number of visitors on our site. Reduced page speed leads to reduced visitors and this, in turn, affects the ranking of a website. Caching refers to the process of storing data in a cache. A cache is a temporary storage i.e. when a site is cached, it means the site’s pages, images, files, etc, are stored on the user’s local drive. So whenever a user opens a frequently accessed file, the browser gets those files from the cache rather than the original server. We will tell you about Caching Plugins WordPress.
Therefore, it becomes important to use Cache Plugins. Caching Plugins generates more cache in order to increase the load speed of a website. As a result, the site loads faster and quicker for visitors. Let us give a look at few best caching plugins for a WordPress website.
Best Caching Plugins WordPress
1. WP Rocket
Speed up your website with WP Rocket. It makes WordPress load quick and secure in one click no coding required. It is also known as the most influential caching plugin by WordPress experts. WP Rocket is a past comparison and broadly convinced WordPress plugin. It improves and raises the performance of the website without effort and enhances user activity. Furthermore, support is powerful and responsive.
It comes with advanced features such as Minimal Configuration, Immediate Results, Page Caching when you turn on WP Rocket, page caching is instantly activated, Cache Preloading, Images on Request, Static Files Compression, and Developer Friendly. Stay in the eye for the most advanced WP Rocket news and features.
2.WP Super Cache
WP Super Cache is the top free caching plugin for a WordPress website. This plugin generates static HTML files from your website and caches it instead of the heavy WordPress PHP scripts. These static HTML files are served to a majority of users like logged-out users etc. This plugin serves cached files in three ways:
1. Expert: This mode uses Apache mod_rewrite to serve super cached static HTML files.
2. Simple: This mode will serve super cached static files in PHP and this is the recommended way of using this plugin.
3. WP-Cache caching: This mode uses cache pages for known users, URLs with parameters and feeds.
This plugin is very easy to install and increases site speed very efficiently.
3. W3 Total Cache
W3 Total Cache is one of the Caching Plugins WordPress which improves user experience by increasing website performance. This is one of the most recommended plugins by most developers and web hosts.
Various features of this plugin are:
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private/dedicated servers, and dedicated servers/clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) management with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) support
- Caching of fragments in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds and much more
This plugin is trusted by millions of WordPress users making their websites load faster.
Speed is one major area of concern for a website. A website can only attract visitors if it loads its page faster than other websites. To make pages load faster and increase the performance of a website, it becomes an important task to have a Caching plugin installed on the website.