The current time is the era of social media; without proper socials, it is impossible to grow personally or professionally. With so many social media website platforms, people can connect with few clicks. Be it learning something new, getting to know the latest trends set by your favorite celebrity, trying to find a date, or trying to find a job with Reign – Job board theme with BuddyPress, or trying to be a freelancer. Everything has become so easy with social media.
Websites like LinkedIn fully use the potential of a social media platform and have done a great job in bringing the employer and employee closer than ever. And if you own a job portal or are trying to set up one, you must also be inspired by them at some point and think about a social media integrated within your job portal. If you have felt so…congrats, you are in the right place, and if the idea has not come to your mind yet, let me first tell you about the importance of a job portal integrated with a micro-social community website of its own. But before that, we should know that there are two aspects of a job portal website: jobseeker and employer. Now to the importance:
- First of all, it is the easiest way in the current scenario to search for a job. Job seekers who search for jobs through online social media portals get jobs more quickly than their other counterparts.
- It is easy to follow someone and keep yourself up to date about the notifications or any recent developments.
- By following experts in the related fields, employees have better chances to grow professionally and climb up the ladder quickly.
- People can showcase their talents easily by uploading a video or posting relevant content on social media.
- Hiring managers from many top companies are using social media platforms for the screening of the best candidates.
- Employers Also get to know their potential employees at both personal and professional levels easily.
- With so many active users on social media platforms, Employees can get any talent they want to hire. Dare search for the ideal candidate is made easy by social media platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn.
- People trust brands that have a social media presence. So, having a stronghold on social media is itself enough to attract some raw talent.
- Hiring via social media platforms is very cost-effective.
- Companies can target large chunks easily by posting in industry-specific groups.
There are many more advantages of social media integration, and these are just a few. Now, after knowing the advantages, the question is how to do it? How to integrate job portal and social media platforms. It is effortless using the BuddyPress Plugin.
What is BuddyPress?
BuddyPress is an open-source, free community plugin that helps us to create a social media platform. It has all the features of a social media platform like group chats, activities, notifications, etc. It also comes with a long list of free and premium add-ons to further introduce many different types of functions to your websites.
- BuddyPress provides social media network functionalities very similar to Facebook.
- Users can easily create and update profiles managed by admins by a set of pre-made parameters.
- Features for making friends, private chats, creating and joining groups, and much more.
- You can create activity streams, blogs, and integrated forums to support different plugins and BuddyPress add-ons with a few simple clicks.
Integrate Job Portal Features with WP Job Manager
WP Job Manager plugin available on WordPress is most widely used for creating and managing job portals. This is because it has some great functionalities for managing job portals. The problem is it is not quite yet ready for the BuddyPress plugin. The WP Job Manager plugin is lightweight and based on shortcode, allowing you to incorporate job listings, job submission forms, employer dashboard, and much more with easy login base facilities.
Features that WP Job Manager provides to its users
Incredible Admin UI with liking to WordPress
Anyone who is using the WordPress platform for managing their websites will find a lot of ease and familiarity when using Admin UI provided by WP Job Manager. You can find search and filter options and organized listing, which helps in job and company information. You can also access actions like edit, delete, mark, and much more.
A filter of job listings
The WP Job Manager is based on shortcode, with the help of listing jobs and incorporating search and filter form. The forms are powered by ajax, so the results are shown immediately.
The RSS link in search helps job seekers subscribe to a feed, which helps them find the jobs matching their portfolio.
Easy job submission by employers
The employer can list their jobs on your website very quickly using the frontend UI. The employers can input all the details in the form, email address, and website for the potential employee to apply for the job. Before posting the job, the employers can see the live preview of the same and post only when they are satisfied.
Single job listing
This function shows the company data, job description, and much more in a clean format. Locations can easily link via Google Maps. Not only that, the company box can show the taglines and different social media account links.
What can we do to make them come together?
The BuddyPress Job Manager plugin by Wbcom Designs is a free plugin created specifically for integrating BuddyPress and WP Job Manager by creating specific tabs in the employer’s and candidates’ profiles, making them work together seamlessly.
What does the BuddyPress Job Manager do?
- It creates specific tabs in employer and job seeker profiles that integrate the WP Job Manager plugin with the BuddyPress plugin.
- It creates two member types, i.e., Employer and Candidate.
- Widget showing applicants per job.
When using WordPress, everything is possible. With all the integrations, incorporation of BuddyPress and WP Job Manager, along with building an entire responsive website with a payment gateway, you can have it within a few hours. Surprised…don’t be; it is the magic of using the Reign Jobmate theme.
Reign Jobmate theme – Job board theme with BuddyPress
Reign Jobmate theme is easy to use, responsive, and customizable WordPress theme with a niche in developing a job listing website. Its features and functionalities are dedicated to providing the best job portal out there. And, with the simple integration of BuddyPress Job Manager, all the features of a community website are incorporated into your website.
Reign JobMate WordPress theme is best suited for your job portal and the best utilization of the WP Job Manager plugin. Some features of Reign Jobmate theme are:
WP Job Manager support
This theme is designed for creating the best support platform for WP Job Manager and its add-ons to create the ultimate job portal.
You can seamlessly integrate the BuddyPress plugin and its supported add-ons so that you can integrate a community of your own within the job portal.
With the support of the bbPress plugin, you can create single or multiple discussion forums within the job portal.
With the full integration of Paid Membership Pro plugin, you can easily charge your members with a membership fee.
Also Read: 7 Steps to Building an Online Community
You can reward your users with different rewards, issue badges, create a leadership board with the support of GamiPress plugin integration.
Create beautiful and user-friendly website design with advanced drag and drop visual page builder Elementor.
Single Click Design Support
You can create the whole website in a single click by importing and installing the demo installer.
Searching and filtering options
You can easily customize the display filter and sorting options. There are four advance filter and sorting options from which you can choose.
Multiple job listings
A job listing on your job board website can be customized any way you want. There are multiple job listing types from which you can choose. The Reign JobMate theme provides five unique options to display.
Different resume listing
Candidates have five different resume listing types for showcasing their resume attractively and professionally.
Multiple header variations
You can choose from different header types to design your website as you want, with an enhanced user experience.
List of Some Important Plugins for a Community-Integrated Job Portal
Buddypress favorite notification
This free add-on shows live notifications to the member if the member is subscribed to a specified group for notifications. BuddyPress favorite notification add-on will help the job seekers to remain in touch with employers and follow the latest developments.
Buddypress resume manager
This add-on helps the members to create their resume and share it with a URL. You can easily fetch various Google places and integrate them into your resume. With the help of the BuddyPress Resume manager, job seekers can create a sharable resume that helps them become more engaged in the community. Not only that, but they also have visibility options for maintaining their privacy.
Reign WP job manager add-on
This add-on extends the capabilities of the WP job manager plugin and all its related extensions. It is a plugin that can create all the differentiation in your website from the others. The Reign WP job Manager add-on provides the ability to manage the job portal and many other customization options to the user. Its advanced searching and filtering option helps job seekers and employers to filter the undesired entries. This feature supports both candidates and employees in getting what they want.
You can also read some blogs on Addons that help you to use that in our Job board.
- How to Set a Price per Job listing
- How to Set an Application Deadline for job listings
- How to Create Resume boards using Elementor Widgets
- How to use Google Indexing API to get your jobs listed by Google Jobs
- How to Add a company profile page to Job Listings
- How to Add Extra Fields to Your job listings
- How to Customize Resume Applications forms
- How to Backup, Restore, and do SEO of your Job Listings Site
- How to Sell Job Packages via WooCommerce
- How to Lists all jobs under the company profile
- How to create an unlimited number of your own Job
- How to Create unlimited emails with Job Listing fields
- How to Fetch Jobs to your Database using RSS Feeds
Now, you have so much information about creating a unique and professional Job board theme with BuddyPress incorporated with its micro social media. So, make a kick-ass website and if you need any expert advice, get in touch with us: Contact us.