There is no definitive answer to this question as both HTML or WordPress have their own benefits and drawbacks when it comes to SEO. However, in general, WordPress is often seen as being more beneficial for SEO than HTML.
One of the main reasons for this is that WordPress is a content management system (CMS), while HTML is not. A CMS makes it easier to add keywords and metadata to your pages, which can help improve your SEO ranking.
Many WP Developers also specialize in SEO, which can give your website an edge over those that are built using HTML. Additionally, WordPress is regularly updated with new features and enhancements that can improve your SEO performance.
However, it is important to note that WordPress is not infallible, and there are certain things you need to do to ensure that you are getting the most out of it from an SEO perspective. For example, you need to make sure that you are using a good WordPress SEO plugin and that your website is optimized for mobile.
Comparing WordPress and HTML
If you don’t know how to code and you don’t have a layout designer that you can constantly contact to edit the code, you’d better make a website on WordPress, then you can easily edit text, photos, and other blocks on each page in the admin panel without knowing the code.
1. Landing Page
To create a landing page, it is more convenient to make a website using HTML without an admin panel. Why is it more convenient? Because you can draw a design of any complexity and then give the task to a layout designer to make a website from a picture (necessarily an adaptive website for different screens).
Then this site can be built on WordPress but this is an extra cost in terms of money and time, so in order not to waste extra resources, landing pages are left on HTML and not switched on WordPress. When you have your layout designer at hand, you can entrust them with the tasks of editing the site.
2. HTML to WordPress
What other reasons force people to migrate an HTML site to WordPress? WordPress has an admin panel and a blog, you can write posts, create new pages, and make headings for posts. If you need a blog and you need to write posts, WordPress will be the best solution.
Quite often in business, they make both HTML landing pages (for products) and also make a WordPress blog. Landing pages are made for each new product, they create a page focused on the product, they adapt to their target audience. As a result, the landing page is a masterpiece that is aimed at increasing orders and sales. And on the blog, they write news posts, lessons, and so on. As a result, the business has a blog and five to 10 landing pages for each product.
2. Advantages of WordPress SEO
Among the main pros of using WordPress for SEO goals are:
A CMS makes it easier to add keywords and metadata to your pages, which can help improve your SEO ranking.
Many WordPress developers know the basics of SEO and can help you to set up your website for the best possible search engine ranking.
WordPress is regularly updated with new features and enhancements that help SEO performance.
You need to make sure that you are using a good WordPress SEO plugin and that your website is optimized for mobile.
3. Disadvantages of WordPress SEO
Of course, there are also certain cons:
- You need to be careful not to overuse keywords, or you may be penalized by Google.
- Not all WordPress developers are experts in SEO, so you may need to do your own research if you want to
- optimize your website yourself.
- WordPress is not infallible, and there are certain things you need to do to ensure that you are getting the most
- out of it from an SEO perspective.
- Your website may not rank as high as a website built using HTML if it is not properly optimized.
4. Advantages of HTML SEO
Though it seems that WordPress is a better option, HTML also has certain pros in terms of SEO:
- HTML is a standard language that is understood by all search engines.
- Your website will be rendered the same way on all browsers and devices.
- You do not need to use a CMS or any special software to create a website using HTML.
- Disadvantages of HTML SEO:
- Naturally, there are some cons, too:
- You need to know how to code in HTML in order to create a website.
- Your website may not look as good as a website built using WordPress or another CMS.
- You will need to manually add keywords and metadata to your pages.
- Your website may not rank as high as a website built using WordPress or another CMS if it is not properly optimized.
In Conclusion of HTML or WordPress
While there is no definitive answer to the question of which is better for SEO, in general WordPress is often seen as being more beneficial than HTML. However, you need to be careful not to overuse keywords and make sure that your website is properly optimized if you want to get the most out of it from an SEO perspective.