When it comes to getting real traffic to website, web directories help a lot. No doubt, how they plays an important role in off-page SEO of your website until unless the website is getting links from the relevant niche directory.
Although web directories don’t help much in doing SEO of website, these sources are best for getting top-quality traffic and maintaining trust.
In this blog, we’ll learn more about the web directories, how they help businesses, and what type of web directories you can create with WordPress.
Create Your Web Directory Today!
Create you business directory check here
Table of contents:
What are web directories
A web directory is a collection of websites that contain information on businesses, and their contact details in an organized way according to different categories. A web directory, also known as a link directory, is concerned with web sources on the World Wide Web.
Each web directory has its own categories and sub-categories according to which the users can submit their business for listing.
Some common examples of web directories are:
- Yahoo: Contains listing related to general interests.
- Google My Business: Helps is finding local businesses near you.
- Hotfrog: United States’s Local Business Directory.
- Yelp: Best review site for local business.
- MerchantCircle: Helps in finding the best local mechant.
And, many more!
How web directories help businesses
A directory website assists businesses and customers in different ways based on what they are looking for. For your convenience, here, we’re categorizing the importance of web directories into two categories:
1. Importance to businesses
- Getting Real Traffic: Customers head to the Trivago website if they want to book a hotel because they know that they can find better hotels on this website. Similarly, if your business has registered on the relevant web directory, you will get real traffic to your website.
- Boost SEO: These web directories provide information on your business and websites to your potential customers. Thus, you’ll get a lot of traffic that is relevant for your business and can be easily converted to loyal customers.
- Maintains credibility: If a person is not sure where to look for the best news sites or best educational institution for MBA or literally for anything else, he might, basically, prefer a web directory. This is because the web directories are considered a trusted source of information.
2. Importance to customers
- Saves time: When you know the path of your destination, you can easily reach there. Similarly, customers can easily figure out the path of the businesses to reach out to them with the help of categories and sub-categories of directory website.
- Get the best result: Generally, directories contain the listings of those businesses that are genuine and actually exist after proper verification. This allows customers to get the best results of what they are looking over the web.
So, these are some of the importance of a web directory website.
A Web Design Invoice Template is a customizable document used by web designers to bill clients for their design services, detailing the work performed, costs, and payment terms.
This template streamlines the billing process, ensuring clarity and professionalism in financial transactions between web designers and their clients, often including sections for services rendered, project specifics, hourly rates or project fees, taxes, and the total amount due.
Types of web directories
Based on the business scope, size, and purpose, web directories can be of different types. Interested in creating your own web directory website on WordPress?
Now, let’s take a look at the different types of web directories that you can create on WordPress.
1. Education Directory Website
An education directory website consists of listings of educational institutions. Institutions can be categorized in many ways such as online institutions, schools, Graduation & Post Graduation colleges, Engineering & Technical colleges, universities, etc.
If you want to create educational directory on WordPress, you can easily do this with the help of Reign GeoDirectory theme. Integrate WP GeoDirectory plugin to add and manage listings of educational websites. And, integrate with Booking Calendar plugin to manage bookings and appointments. With the help of Elementor page builder, you can easily design web page layouts.
2. Business Reviews Directory
Business reviews directory allows users to submit their business for listing and the customers can post their reviews regarding how they experienced the products and services of those businesses.
3. Local Business Directory
A local directory website provides information regarding local businesses. For example, if a customer is looking for a salon service in Alameda street in Los Angeles, he will get search results for the salon businesses which belong to that location.
Example: Google My Business, Hotfrog
Here is an ultimate guide on how to start local business directory website.
4. Hotel Booking Business Directory
A hotel booking business directory website allows customers to find hotels in their preferred location. They can search for hotels, compare the prices, check in, and check out to the rooms. This helps customers travel worldwide without any need to worry about where will they stay.
Reign GeoDirectory theme will help you create a website like Trivago. You can display locations with maps, user reviews and so much more. The theme is compatible with many WordPress plugins, thereby, helping you add relevant functionality on your website such as booking, pricing comparison, contact form, user check-in or check-out, and more.
5. Restaurant Directory
A restaurant directory offers information on businesses that offer food related services. Customers can search for their favorite food, find the best restaurant, book their table, and order to deliver the food at their home.
You can also create your own website like Zomato with the help of Reign GeoDirectory theme. Here is a complete guide on how to create website like Zomato.
6. Classified Ads Website
Classified ads websites are like an online business commercial center that allows businesses to pitch their products and services to anyone interesting for the same.
7. General Business Directory
A general business directory website allows listing of businesses for all niches. These websites are properly categorized based on their niche and futher can be sub-categorized based on the business types.
Example: Yelp, Yellow Pages.
And, that’s not all. The above directory websites are just few examples of web directories. Similarly, there are many other types of web directories that you can create on WordPress using Reign GeoDirectory theme.
- Small business web directory
- Local service business directory
- Web directory for roofing contractors
- Real estate business directory website
- AutoMobile business directory website
And, many more! Whatever is your niche, you can start a directory website of your own.
A web directory helps a lot in getting referral traffic on a website. Some directory websites offer free listings and some offer paid listings. It’s up to you how you want to run your website.
So, what type of business directory you are going to create using WordPress? Do share your opinions in the comments section below.