The product support management is a tiresome task. However, if you are searching for a simple solution here is a way!
Presently bbPress or BuddyPress developed the WooCommerce Product Support extension to work in tandem with either BuddyPress (with user groups and discussion forums enabled) or bbPress to help you inevitably create forums for new products, link products to prevailing forums, and automatically grant users access. As a matter of fact, if you’re using BuddyPress, users only gain access to the Groups that correspond to bought products (that way they won’t see every forum/group).
- Automatically create new groups/forums
- Associate products with any existing groups/forums
- Doesn’t interfere with existing bbPress and BuddyPress functionality (you can still manually create Groups/forums and add users like you always have)
- Automatically add users to correct groups on completed purchase (BuddyPress only)
- Automatically create the first post in each new forum.
- WooCommerce Product Support can recover your current product support workflow and easily provide support for users who buy your products. Plugin settings also give you the option to write some stock forum directions that can be published, locked and stuck to the top of a forum when a new forum is created.
- If you’re not using anything for product support right now, therefore we highly recommend that you install BuddyPress (a free plugin) and enable User Groups and Discussion Forums. It will definitely give you the best control over who has access to what. However, with WooCommerce Product Support you can completely automate group creation and user addition!
Some Practical Use Cases:
- Support Packages for service-based clients
- Supporting digital/physical goods
- Building paid-community sites with BuddyPress
To summarize, it can be stated that Woo commerce has proved to be a boon for product support for customers. If you have any feedback or suggestions for this article, please write to us in the comment section below.