Can you imagine a modern organization without a website? We bet you can’t!
You can hardly launch a successful business without a website because it represents the digital ID of your company. After all, it is the first place that potential customers visit while exploring different brands, products, and services.
This is how we get to WordPress, also known as the most popular solution among webmasters from all over the globe. The system currently powers over a third of the entire Internet, so you should definitely get acquainted with it and learn how to make use of WordPress.
In this post, we will explain to you six practical tips on how to properly use WordPress for running a profitable business. Let’s take a look!
1. Make a business plan
Before you dig deeper into WordPress, you must start with the basics. In this case, the first step is to make a business plan in order to organize the whole process and figure out what needs to be done when and how. It’s a multistep procedure that consists of the following components:
- Define the target audience: Who is your typical customer? Is it a middle-aged lady or a high school boy? You need to design a website that perfectly corresponds to the expectations of the average visitor.
- Choose the best niche: The majority of startups fail because they do not choose the best niche with enough market potential.
- Set professional objectives: What is it that you want to achieve and when do you plan to reach the goal? You should create a timeline of objectives, starting from awareness-raising and then moving forward all the way to customer loyalty.
- Products and prices: Determine your portfolio and set the prices that make you competitive.
2. Define your brand
The second tip is to think of the business you are about to launch and to use those insights to build a powerful brand. This feature usually depends on the peculiarities of the target audience, so do your best to analyze even the smallest aspect of a buyer persona.
Now, the real question is how to define your brand. There are lots of components to consider here, starting with logos and colour schemes. Every colour and every symbol has a highly specific connotation, which is why you have to pick the ones that suit your consumers.
Besides that, you need to determine your content writing style. Are you going to publish informative and educational posts? Perhaps you’d like to present the brand as funny and entertaining? You can do whatever you want, but the best solution is to make your style compatible with the style of website visitors.
3. Design a WordPress website
Now that you know what you want to do and the way to achieve it, it is time to craft the website. It’s not a complex task, but you do need to be careful and set up everything properly. We will divide the process into three stages:
- Select a domain name. It is one of the most important parts of your job because a domain name can make or break your hopes of building a memorable brand. Try to find a free domain that contains niche-related keywords because it will help you to rank higher in engine searches.
- Choose a reliable hosting platform. You will need an independent provider to take care of website logistics, so make sure to choose a trustworthy partner that guarantees to make your site fully operational 365 days a year.
- Install WordPress. You’ve got everything covered by now, so the only thing left is to follow instructions and install WordPress.
4. Optimize the website
Another thing you’ll need to do is to optimize the website to make it better and more efficient. First of all, you should install a WordPress theme that goes well with your branding strategy. This means opting for a theme with the same or similar colour schemes, while you can also tailor it so as to create a perfect match.
Secondly, don’t hesitate to install some of the fundamental WordPress plugins. Such tools will automate a lot of activities and help your site to function properly around the clock. That includes plugins for security purposes, search engine optimization, webpage load speed, and many more.
Thirdly, you should improve the user experience. Simplify website navigation and allow everyone to find what they are looking for quickly and effortlessly. At the same time, make the site mobile-friendly and suitable for browsing on all types of devices and screen dimensions.
5. Add relevant categories
We just mentioned the importance of simple navigation and this tip goes hand in hand with that suggestion. Namely, you should leave only a few categories above the fold and help the audience to identify the targeted content almost instantly.
What are the most important website categories? It depends on the nature of your business, but most companies stick to the following options:
- Homepage: As the first thing users see when they visit a website, a homepage must be concise and very attractive.
- About Us: You probably want to explain who you are, what you do, and what makes you different than the whole bunch of similar brands.
- Products: Of course, you need to present your portfolio and show people the products and/or services you are offering.
- Blog: Content creation is a quintessential online activity, but we will discuss it in the next chapter.
- Contact Us: The last recommendation is to add a contact page and give users the opportunity to get in touch with your business easily.
6. Create high-quality content
The last tip on our list is also the most difficult and time-consuming, but it will help you to stand out among hundreds of similar sites and boost search engine ranking. The idea is to publish high-quality content consistently, reveal professional expertise, and prove that you are running a credible and trustworthy company.
Blogging is the main activity content creation-wise because consumers expect you to solve problems and give practical explanations on niche-related topics. But you don’t have to stop there as there are many other formats you can use to win over the target audience.
Videos currently dominate the Internet, but we recommend you to think about creating infographics, audio podcasts, charts, memes, GIFs, animations, and all the other types of content that your audience might find to be interesting. That way, you are going to maximize user engagement and increase WordPress website traffic in the long run.
The Bottom Line
WordPress is by far the most commonly used content management platform globally because it turns website creation into a simple and effortless process. With this tool at your disposal, you can design a stunning website quickly and make it fully functional even as a beginner-level user.
We wrote this article to show you six practical tips on how to properly use WordPress for running a profitable business. Now it’s your turn to make use of our suggestions and launch a successful online business. Good luck!
John Trogdon is a web designer and a blogger at the best essay writing service. John is a genuine WordPress enthusiast, but he also loves writing about social media and email marketing. He is the father of two beautiful toddlers and a dedicated long-distance runner.