Some sites not only cater to the viewership element for their visitors, but they also let readers and visitors contribute content too. The visitors are allowed to submit content in the form of images, blog posts, videos, etc. This is for sure, a very good way to engage the site’s audience, make them feel like a part of your website, and enhance an active user base. A WordPress site requires certain plugins to accept submissions -front-end content submission plugins. In this blog post, we will tell you about 5 best WordPress Front End Content Submission Plugins.
|User Submitted Posts Front End Content Submission Plugin
|5 / 5
|Frontend Post WordPress Plugin – AccessPress Anonymous Post
|5 / 5
|Frontend Publishing Front End Content Submission Plugin
|4.70 / 5
|WP User Frontend
|5 / 5
Top WordPress Front-End Content Submission Plugins
1. User Submitted Posts Front End Content Submission Plugin
This simple and intuitive front-end content submission plugin lets visitors submit text and photos to your site via a public forum. The submitted content straightway goes to the post queue as a Pending post. The site admin can both review and choose to publish or simply delete it. The other features that the plugin offers are:
- Option to set submitted images as WP Featured Images
- Customizable captcha and input validations
- HTML5 submission form with streamlined CSS styles
- 15 action/filter hooks for advanced customization
- Translated into 10 languages
- Multiple emails supported by email alerts
- Option to disable tracking of IP addresses
- Specify the minimum and maximum width and height for the uploaded image
2. Frontend Post WordPress Plugin – AccessPress Anonymous Post
This plugin helps you to do guest posting front-end posting without logging into your WordPress website. It is a responsive HTML5 form that lets your website users submit a post including the featured image.
Various features of this plugin are:
- Allows post submissions from frontend when not logged in
- Customization settings for the user
- The ability of required field selection
- Category selection
- Adding featured image.
- Captchas for secured posting
- Post submissions may include title, tags, category, author, URL, post image, and much more.
3. Frontend Publishing Front End Content Submission Plugin
Frontend Publishing lets you accept posts from registered visitors. This front-end content submission plugin allows you to control members’ access to the sensitive WordPress admin area. If you happen to run a very popular blog, this plugin will be a lifesaver for you because it does not accept posts that don’t meet the submission guidelines of your website. In such a case, an error is shown to the front-end user. Its other features are:
- Set post requirements, for example, minimum title size, minimum content size, etc.
- Allows a certain user to publish posts immediately and skip the default behavior of having the post wait for your manual review. All other posts are added to the ‘pending’ queue.
- Number of links in the article body and author bio
- Offers a frontend page where users can access the posts they’ve submitted.
- A full visual editor for the visitor.
4. WP User Frontend
The WP User Frontend plugin is a front-end content submission plugin with a lot of features. The site admin is in complete control of what the logged-in visitors can post i.e. images, titles, body copy, tags, and attachments. Its other features are:
- Charge visitors for uploading content.
- The user can create a new post and edit it from the frontend
- Viewing the page in the frontend custom dashboard
- Users can change their profiles on the front end as well.
- Get email notifications on new posts
- Upload post featured image
- Pay-per-post or subscription package for posting
WP User Frontend PRO – Premium Features
- Unlimited post-type form creation
- 13 variations of custom fields
- Drag-n-Drop profile form builder
- Avatar Upload
- Frontend profile edit
- Registration form builder
- Captcha Support
5. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is a powerful WordPress plugin that simplifies the creation of advanced forms for websites. It offers an intuitive drag-and-drop interface, enabling users to design and manage forms effortlessly without needing extensive technical knowledge. With its flexibility and range of customization options, Gravity Forms is ideal for creating contact forms, surveys, quizzes, and more, catering to diverse website needs.
Drag-and-Drop Builder: Offers an easy-to-use visual form editor, allowing users to create and customize forms by dragging and dropping elements.
Form Fields Variety: Provides a wide range of form fields (text, dropdowns, checkboxes, etc.) for creating versatile and interactive forms.
Conditional Logic: Allows the creation of dynamic forms based on user input or specific conditions, enhancing form interactivity.
User-Submitted Content: Enables front-end content submission, allowing users to submit posts, pages, or other content directly from the website’s front end.
Gravity Forms stands out for its user-friendly interface, extensive features, and adaptability, making it a preferred choice for building advanced and customized forms on WordPress websites.
I hope you liked this listing of the 5 best WordPress Front End Content Submission Plugins. If you have any more suggestions let us know in the comments section below!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WordPress front-end content submission plugins are tools that enable website visitors to submit content, such as articles, blog posts, images, or videos, directly from the front end of a WordPress website without requiring access to the admin dashboard.
Front-end content submission plugins empower website owners to crowdsource content from users, engage the community, and streamline the content submission process. It enhances user participation and simplifies content management.
Yes, there are several popular front-end content submission plugins available for WordPress, including “WP User Frontend,” “User Submitted Posts,” “Frontend Publishing Pro,” “AccessPress Anonymous Post,” and “CM Frontend Submission.”
Users can typically submit a variety of content types, including text articles, blog posts, images, videos, links, and even multimedia content. The specific submission types may vary depending on the plugin’s features.
Yes, most front-end content submission plugins for WordPress include moderation features. Website owners can review and approve or reject user-submitted content before it gets published, ensuring quality and adherence to guidelines.