Do you have a blog or going to start a blog? In both cases, learning about guest posting strategy is compulsory.
Guest posting has never been easy; therefore, it is still effective in terms of SEO.
For established bloggers, it’s quite easy to get accepted as a guest blogger because they already have built networks, but it is next to impossible for newbies with their brand new blogs.
In this article, you are going to have complete knowledge about the step by step strategy of guest posting for a brand new blog.
Benefits of Guest Posting
There are tons of benefits of guest posting in terms of SEO, brand awareness, brand recognition, free traffic, credibility, and much more.
Below I have explained the significant points so that you will get to know about the whole game.
- Targeted Leads: The number one benefit of guest posting is that you are going to get quality leads. Each guest post from a quality blog will generate you at least 100 visitors. So, think about it if an average conversion rate is 2%, then you will get two leads from a single post.
- Authority and Credibility: Another great benefit of guest posting is that you can build your brand credibility and your site authority in your niche. Having high authority of your site is good for SEO, and gaining high credibility is good for brand recognition.
- Influence Others: When your target audience sees your face over and over on the different blogs, they will be influenced by you, and in that way, you can build trust and your personal brand awareness.
Remember, these are the minimum benefits that you can leverage in your way, but keep in mind that the sky is limit.
Every great thing is done with a proper plan. So, setting up a goal of guest posting is compulsory if you want the most out of it.
Decide the purpose of your guest posting like it may be getting quality leads, SEO improvements, brand awareness, or anything else.
Target an audience based on your goal. Suppose your goal of guest posting is getting leads, then only focusing on getting traffic is not enough.
You will have to target a specific high-engaging audience, and also you will have to write for them concisely.
If your goal is for SEO improvement, then target high domain authority blogs; if your goal is brand awareness, then target blogs that offer author bio sections with a headshot.
You can also narrow down your goal in your way based on what industry you are in.
Finding blogs in your niche
After deciding your goal of guest posting, you should find and list your targeted blogs.
There are hundreds of ways you can find your target blogs as well as your target audience, such as asking opportunities in your networks, announcing on social media, searching through search strings, using different blog listed directories, from blogger forums, and so on.
Below I tried to explain the most common two ways to find niche related blogs for guest posting.
- Announcement on Social Media: Social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, and Reddit are the best resources to find guest posting opportunities. Personally, I still use social media to find quality blogs in my niche to contribute. It’s a great but easy way to build a network with other bloggers. So, join different social media communities and put an announcement that you are willing to write for a particular niche.
- Using Search Strings: Another great way to find the guest blog is by using the search strings. It is easy, but most of the time, you will find PBN sites that accept fees for publishing guest posts. PBN link building is grey hat techniques now and possibly will be considered as black hat techniques in the future. But still, you can find great blogs in your niche that publish guest posts without charging any fees. The strings you can use are (“Keyword”+”write for us”), (“Keyword”+”contribute”), (“Keyword”+”submit an article”), etc.
Consistently be in touch with other bloggers so that whenever new opportunities will arise, you can grab these.
Question to Ask
It’s not now all done having a blog to write and publish your articles. You should do some research on your selected blogs.
Research in the sense, you will need to ask a few questions with yourself. If the answers meet your goal of guest postings, then you can consider that or these blogs are suitable to get published your articles.
- Does the blog contain an engaged audience?:- If the blog does not contain an engaged audience, then it would be useless hoping to get leads from your guest posts. But yes, if the site has high DA, then you can write for them to improve your SEO.
- Does the blog owner reply to comments?:- If the blog owner does not interact with its readers, that means the readers are not loyal. But it doesn’t matter at all if it’s possible to bring them to your site through guest posts. They might convert into your loyal customers.
- Does the blog owner adequately share its own content?:- See their official profiles on different social media platforms if they are sharing their content or not. If yes, then it’s an excellent opportunity to get a free exposure of your content to their social audiences.
- Does this blog align with my ideal audience?:- Research a little bit about their audience if they align to achieve your goal. If you write SEO optimized content, then think about your targeted keywords if it is ranked then the audience coming from the search engine can meet their search intent or not.
- Does the blog give writers credit?:- Credits can be in the forms of two types, such as links in the content or links in the bio section. Some blogs simply give a link in the content and don’t support any author’s bio. You should focus on those blogs that support the bio section and provide links.
- Does the blog contain too many distractions?:- The blogs that have so many distractions like ads, email opt-ins, and horrible layouts are not going to pay off. These things will distract your potential customers from the action you want them to do. So, you should avoid these types of blogs.
Getting topic ideas
Once you found your targeted blogs, research on them a little bit more to have some topic ideas.
Some blogs have already covered all the major topics in your niche, so; the question is how you can find the winning topic to write on.
Well, it’s a pretty tricky method!
Go to your targeted blog and put a glance at 8-10 articles in your niche. See what types of posts they are, like are they tutorials or opinion based articles.
Go to the top blogs in this niche and search some popular articles on that blog. Get some rough ideas about a few pieces, then come back to your text editor and write down a few titles yourself.
The different blog has its own writing tone and their audience loves that so be careful about that and write the title according to your targeted blog’s writing tone.
Pitching your topics
Now it’s time to pitch your topic ideas to the blog owner. It’s not sure whether your topic is going to be accepted or not so that before and after pitching your topic ideas, you should follow these below.
- Before Pitching: List at least twenty blogs for a single topic. Ok, let me clarify. As I mentioned, every blog has its own writing style, so it is possible that you will be rejected from your targeted blog. So, list the similar quality blog at least twenty for a single topic. Send to all of them your topic.
- After Pitching: I guarantee you a few of them like 5-10 will reply, and it’s absolutely normal. After 24 hours of pitching your topic, send a follow-up email to them, reminding that you have sent a topic to write on because due to the volume of guest posting applications, yours might be lost.
Now, what if your topic got accepted! It’s time to create the gold piece to publish. Right now, you have all the data about how to write the article so that your article will be accepted. Still, you need some research not for how to write but what to write.
Gather at least 10-15 related articles of your selected topic. Find associated graphics such as banners, featured images, charts, etc.
- Write the article: Go through each section of all articles you have collected. Then point out the major areas of these articles and note down on your text editor. Now divide all the points into the headings as well as subheadings. Keep your writing goal in your mind and start writing. Ahead yourself step by step concisely to the last section where a call to action you are going to place. Your writing should neither be over-optimized nor be unoptimized. The writing should be natural and neutral.
- Proofread the article: After crafting your draft, it’s time to proofread your content. It’s necessary to send an error free content to the blog owner so that they won’t have to spend their time on it. If your content contains grammatical mistakes, possibly, they would reject your content. So, I highly recommend you to use a free proofreading tool like Grammarly.
- Write Your Bio: Once your gold piece is ready to submit, write a few lines about yourself. It should be a compelling and convincing copy so that people who read your article will reach out to you. Don’t forget to add your blog link and an email address if possible. Prepare a headshot image of yours. Separately add your social media profiles so that the blog owner can put in your bio if they want.
- Submit the article: Write some emotion-evoking lines for the blog owners like if they publish your content on their blog, what additional benefits they are going to get. Put your draft on google drive and share the link on the email copy, and finally press the send button.
- If Accepted: What if your article is accepted! Be happy and share this published article to your network, your social profiles, and different groups on Facebook. If possible, link this article with your existing related content, but remember not too much.
- If not Accepted: What if your article is rejected! Cheers, because it’s normal. Try to submit this article to another similar quality blog. Keep moving the circle and keep on learning the fact of what works and what does not.
After Getting Accepted
Once your article is accepted, it’s not the end. You will have to do some extra activities. After cheering your success on social media that your article got published, it’s time to collaborate on some extra tasks with the blog owner.
- Be Consistent: If the blog is high quality, that helps to achieve your goal, then consistently submit new articles. That way, you can build a strong connection with the blog owners until your focus is not SEO improvement. It also helps in terms of SEO, but as a newbie sticking with one blog will not help you much.
- Be Responsive: Responsivity will definitely help you to build credibility in your niche. Reply to each comment of your content, if possible. Continuously visit your published guest posts and read the comments. If new comments are submitted, then you should reply to them all.
- Promote Your Guest Article: You should promote your guest posts as you do for your own blog posts. There are many benefits of promoting your guest posts. When you promote your guest posts, tire2 backlinks profile builds. Tire2 backlinks give your site link juice so that your site authority boosts up. It also helps to build your credibility like people get to know that there are so many blogs, and their audience loves your content.
You might also like to know about:
Whether you are a new blog owner or a new small business owner you can build your online reputation through guest posting.
To do so, you will have to decide first the purpose of your guest blogging. Then find some quality blogs in your niche. It’s quite easy to determine either the blog is high quality or not by asking a few questions yourself.
Once you find some quality blogs, do some research on them like what kind of content they are producing.
Based on their writing criteria and writing tone, pick some topic to write on.
Pitch the topics to the blog owners and once your topic is accepted, start writing by gathering information from the internet.
Write the error-free article and submit to the blog owners.
When the blog owner published your content, you would promote to your networks.
About the Author: