Are you interested in converting your WordPress site into a fully working membership site? A membership plugin may turn a WordPress site into a repository for subscription material, courses, a paid community, and other features. Sell access to certain articles, digital downloads, and even bespoke capabilities on a one-time or regular basis.
WordPress Membership Plugins
So, in this post, we’ll present the finest membership plugins for your WordPress site so you can make an informed pick that matches your specific requirements.
What Should You Look for in a WordPress Membership Plugin?
A membership site must have the necessary features and functionality to perform properly. Membership websites come in various shapes and sizes, and having the correct software may make a huge difference.
- Configure user permissions: This feature allows you to post material only available to particular groups of people based on their membership level.
- Collect membership fees: Members and new users will be able to purchase or renew a subscription plan without leaving your website.
- Distribute coupon codes: This is very effective for increasing sales and expanding your brand’s promotion.
- Automation of reminders: Members will be notified when it is time to renew their membership by just logging in to their account, saving you the time and effort of contacting them one at a time.
- Control the flow of content: This allows you to deliver a set quantity of material regularly to keep subscribers.
- Create multi-tiered subscription schemes: This makes it easy to give tier-based content or provide a free membership trial to new customers.
Top 5 WordPress Membership Plugins in 2022
MemberPress is an all-in-one WordPress membership plugin that makes it simple to convert your existing website into a fully-featured WordPress membership site. Once installed, this plugin allows you to limit access to everything of your WordPress site’s content, including pages, posts, categories, tags, and uploaded files.
You may set up one-time arrangements as well as scheduled monthly payments. Members also have their front-end section to manage their subscriptions, including upgrade/downgrade and pay the prorated difference. MemberPress is compatible with 13+ email marketing providers, including Zapier integration for everything else to enable you to incorporate.
- You may limit access to pages, child pages, articles, custom post kinds, categories, tags, and nearly any other file in your WordPress installation with MemberPress.
- MemberPress is a WordPress membership and learning management system (LMS) plugin. With our Courses add-on, you get all of the MemberPress convenience mixed with strong LMS capabilities that make creating online courses a breeze.
- MemberPress reports will always tell you how much money you’re making and what goods are selling.
- MemberPress uses the payment gateway’s automated invoicing systems, so there is no complicated setup.
Price: Plans begin at $179 per year.
Also Read: Membership Settings
2. Paid Member Subscriptions
Paid Member Subscriptions is a powerful WordPress membership plugin that will assist you in creating a full-featured membership site. The basic plugin is free, but if you want to use advanced features like content dripping, you must subscribe to one of the expensive subscriptions.
You may also provide discount vouchers and even allow users to ‘pay what they want.’ There are additional facilities for dealing with taxes and EU VAT and invoicing. You may build and manage hierarchical member subscriptions and give and revoke subscription-based access to posts, pages, and categories, as well as custom post types. Restrictions can be applied to complete posts, pages, custom post types, or simply parts of them.
- Use the shortcode to add simple registration forms to sign up for a subscription plan.
- A summary of all your members’ subscription options and membership levels. You may easily add/remove members or change their membership information.
- Make hierarchical subscription plans that allow your subscribers to upgrade from a previous membership.
- You may set up your subscription to include free membership, a free trial period, a one-time price, and regular payments, giving you a greater choice over how your subscription is set up.
- Members can purchase group memberships from you. These are umbrella memberships that include several seats purchased and controlled by a single account.
Price: Annual plans begin at €69.
3. Restrict Content Pro
The developers behind Easy Digital Downloads created Restrict Content Pro, a lightweight WordPress membership plugin. You may establish an endless number of membership tiers with Restrict Content Pro. You may pick between free, trial, and premium memberships, giving you many options. Stripe, Braintree, 2Checkout, Authorize.net, and PayPal are among the built-in payment alternatives provided by the plugin. This WordPress membership plugin has a free version with restricted functionality available in the WordPress plugin repository.
The admin user interface is nicely designed and blends perfectly with the look of the WordPress admin area, resulting in a smooth integration on the backend. Individual postings can be restricted depending on membership level, or access can be restricted using categories and tags.
- The WordPress user role, membership level, or access level can be used to restrict articles, pages, some custom post kinds, categories, and tags.
- Make an infinite number of subscription packages known as Membership Levels. It is simple to set up free, trial, and premium memberships.
- Make a CSV of all active members of any subscription level or a CSV of all members in the system.
- You may create an infinite number of discount codes and give a percentage or flat-rate discounts.
- Elegant and simple reports show how well your membership site is functioning.
Price: Annual plans begin at $99 per year.
4. WooCommerce Memberships
WooCommerce Memberships is a WordPress membership plugin built on the well-known WooCommerce eCommerce plugin. That doesn’t imply it’s limited to WooCommerce stores; you can use it to build almost any form of membership site. WooCommerce Memberships also support all standard membership plugin features, such as content restriction, drip-feeding material, and premium memberships.
The ability to offer membership plans as part of product transactions distinguishes WooCommerce Memberships. This feature enables you to provide greater value to clients while also increasing your shop’s reputation.
- There are several billing schedules available to meet the demands of your store.
- For automated recurring payments, integration with over 25 payment gateways is available.
- Automated email invoices and receipts support manual renewal payments using any WooCommerce payment method.
- Allows for automated rebilling of unsuccessful subscription payments, ensuring that you never lose money.
- Allow customers to manage their plans, including upgrading and downgrading, without relying on you for assistance.
- Built-in renewal reminders and automated emails notify you — and your customers — when subscription payments have been made, ensuring that there are no surprises.
- You can keep track of recurring revenue and the number of active subscribers with detailed data.
Price: Plans begin at $199 per year.
S2Member has all the necessary features for building a full-fledged membership site, such as content limitations and recurring subscriptions. The plugin provides easy shortcode conditionals for customizing the content limits. Site owners may benefit from features such as popular payment gateway integrations and brute force attack monitoring with s2member. It also supports bbPress and BuddyPress and content leakage and coupon/gift card redemption.
You’ll get access to one of the most comprehensive membership plugins on the market if you purchase the pro version. S2Member provides content leaking, user roles, one-step registration and checkout, limitless premium membership tiers, and much more.
- Stripe, PayPal, ClickBank, 2Checkout, and other payment integrations are all supported.
- Option to pick back up payment processors if the primary one fails.
- Create subscription tiers for free or paid subscriptions.
- Automated member sign-ups and renewals.
- Email marketing service integrations.
Price: Plans begin at $89 for a lifetime subscription.
However, all of the plugins offered are solid choices, and each has all of the core membership features required to satisfy the majority of customers. Choosing a WordPress membership plugin is a more time-consuming procedure than choosing most other types of WordPress plugins. You see, no matter whatever plugin you use, you’ll have to spend a significant amount of time configuring it. We hope this post has assisted you in locating the ideal WordPress membership plugin for your requirements.