While SEO is about getting clicks on organic results, content marketing strategy focuses on building a relationship with customers, creating engagement with written content, videos, images and social media posts. Compared to a direct marketing strategy, the goals of Content Marketing SEO Services are usually less achievable or obvious. They can be establishing a brand or building a site’s authority in specific areas related to your industry.
A great example of content marketing from the pre-Internet era is the Guinness Book of Records. It started as a promotion of the Guinness brewing company. The book was originally envisioned as a way to create interesting content that would lead to a great conversation at the bar. The book has played an important role in turning the company into a major international brand by appealing to consumers’ interests and fueling conversation, fundamental elements of content marketing.
SEO and Content Marketing
SEO and content marketing have changed the world of digital marketing. An SEO strategy without content marketing is like a body without a soul. The first is developed around the second, since every web portal needs words, articles, keywords, among other aspects to be successful, so both must work hand in hand. If your company is not yet considering content marketing as part of its strategy, it is time to learn more about this important phase of web positioning.
What is content marketing
It is a marketing strategy focused on creating and distributing relevant, consistent and valuable content to attract and retain a defined audience. The ultimate goal is to get the customer to perform a profitable action. However, this definition could suffer some variants depending on the needs of some companies. Among the main attributes of content marketing are:
- Incorporation of the main elements of an organization
- Use of a wide variety of formats, such as text, video, images, ebooks, infographics, among other elements that
- help tell the story of a company
- It can be used on a wide variety of devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, among others.
- It is usually distributed through social media platforms.
- Provide measurable results through the use of call to action inserted throughout the content.
Today, different tactics are used for content marketing. Among the most popular are:
- Content on social networks
- Articles on web portals
- Case studies
- Online presentations
How to define your goals
Before creating, curating and distributing content, you must be clear about what your strategy will be. If you are one of those who still do not, below are the most important steps:
1. What are the objectives you are looking to meet?
Usually, your company’s goals should result in more revenue, less expense, or a better customer experience.
2. Who is your audience and what are you looking for them to do?
Where do you spend your time online? What do they want and what are their needs?
3. Define your mission
After figuring out why you’re creating content and who it’s for, you need to develop a mission statement to include: the target audience, what you’ll offer, and the outcome you’re looking for. This information will not only help you create a marketing strategy, it will be very helpful during content creation.
4. Objectives of content marketing
Now that you know how to define your goals and create a content marketing strategy, it’s time to get to know some of the most common goals.
What makes you stand out from your competition? Making sure consumers recognize and remember your brand means creating valuable content in the form of blog posts, videos, infographics, among others. This can be much simpler to say than to do, so when you develop content that helps spread your brand, keep in mind the following tips:
- Choose the words of your message carefully. Make sure it is memorable.
- Keep your customers updated with a weekly newsletter.
- Know your target audience and be aware of when they are looking for help online.
- Assign a member of your team for the task.
Improve lead generation
Many specialists recognize that lead generation is their second most important goal. A good place to start is by optimizing your landing page with small contact forms and clear call to action, but what to do with the content created on and off the landing page?
– Product video: Place a video on the landing page that shows exactly what your products or services are.
– Email marketing: Create personalized email messages for previous customers.
– Participate in conferences and events: If you choose the right event, you will have the right attention from your target. Create an unforgettable presentation to keep your attention.
– Blog: Create content that shares relevant tips, ideas or tips to show your experience.
– Use social networks: Ask a question or create surveys for your audience on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or wherever your audience is.
Position yourself as a leader in the industry
If you want to continue to build your audience’s trust with content marketing SEO services, there’s no better way than to become an industry leader. You’ll accomplish this by answering questions on sites like LinkedIn or by writing a post on a leading portal in your industry.