Shipping is an essential part of the E-Commerce business. Most businesses initially start with simple shipping methods like fast delivery, free shipping, etc. As your brand gains popularity, you must include strategic shipping options in your business strategy. Offering shipping coupons can be a very lucrative business strategy. It will help you to reduce cart abandonment and make your website popular in a concise while.
What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a viral WordPress plugin that you will create a highly advanced E-Commerce store for your customers. It is one of the most popular WordPress plugins available to us, using which designing an E-Commerce store becomes extremely easy. The plugin provides you with multiple sets of options and features to design a website of your own. The plugin also comes with numerous add-ons and extensions using which you can enhance the functionalities of the original plugin. Using these add-ons, you will be able to add multiple shipping options to your E-Commerce website.
WooCommerce basically supports three different shipping methods: free shipping, flat rate, and local pickups. Using the inbuilt features of WooCommerce, you will also provide free shipping coupons to your customers. However, you cannot provide exciting deals and offers to your customers simply using the WooCommerce plugin. For that, you need to have an additional plugin. Smart coupons for WooCommerce is one such plugin that will allow you to include exciting shipping coupons on your E-commerce website.
How can you create shipping coupons?
- You will have to begin with the installation process.
- The first step is to download the plugin from the API Downloads tab of the My Account page.
- Next, you will have to install the plugin into your WooCommerce website.
- Login to the plugin as a site admin and go to the Coupons options.
- From there, navigate to the Licence page and activate the license using your registered email address and API key.
Also Read: Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins
Step 1: Create your coupon
- Go to the WooCommerce section of your website. Click on Coupons from your dashboard.
- A coupon window will appear. From there, click on the Add Coupons button. Here, you will have to enter your coupon code.
- You can also include an additional description of the purpose of your coupon code is.
Step 2: Configure the general settings.
- Now you will have to configure your general settings from the general panel. Here you can select your preferred discount type.
- Now you will have to enter your coupon amount.
- If you want the coupon to be displayed in the customer’s cart, you will have to select the cart option from the make coupons available in the dropdown button.
Step 3: Setup checkout options
- Go to the checkout options panel and click on the shipping method from the list of available options.
- Select your shipping address radio button if you want to restrict the shipping options by country.
- Select the country from the list where you would like to give your discount.
Now that we have done all the required configurations, you will be able to publish your coupons to your customers. Once you have made your coupon available in the cart, it will directly be displayed on the cart page itself.
To end with:
Now that you know how you will set up shipping coupons using the Smart Coupons for WooCommerce plugin, you will be able to generate shipping coupons for your WooCommerce website and allow your customers to have an excellent shopping experience. So, download the plugin today itself and allow your E-Commerce business to reach heights.