Are you on the lookout for tools that assist to create the latest WordPress Wiki website? You must be preferring something more simple, convenient to use and effective than the conventional wiki software. Why not build a stunning wiki website using WordPress and the Wiki plugins. You can use these Wiki plugins with each and every Multipurpose theme and can scale up the styling and functions of the plugins.Moreover, few Wiki plugins can also run with page builders.
Adding a Knowledge base consists of helpful articles, documentation of products or services, and extensive FAQs.
Here we list for you some of the top Wiki Knowledge Base WordPress Plugins that bring higher knowledge to your site and let you add any element to your site and transform your WordPress site into a wiki style site.
A knowldege base plugin, Helpie can be applied for wiki, knowledge base and documentation sites. It is the simplest way to build and share knowledge for groups and also develop stunning documentation sites for your services and products.
Helpie allows you to restrict particular users from gaining access to specific content. It also has voting capacity so your site users can vote if they found the articles or content to be helpful or not or whether they liked it. This plugin is translation ready with both RTL (right to left) languages support plus WPML compatilbility. Helpie also contains a responsive and mobile supportive design which makes the content of this plugin appear awesome from big screens of desktop to small mobile ones. Besides, it also operates well with the current WordPress and significant themes.
- Publishing abilities with regard to editing, publishing or approving changes
- Font stunning icons
- Revision process (capability to rollback to earlier revisions)
- Front-end editor having customization and possibilities for integration. You can add conveniently new articles and also edit articles from the frontend.
- Restrictions for User Access as it limits users to specific topics
- Vast style customizations (further integration with page builders such as Elementor). It also contains specialized Elementor widgets which can be utilized on Main and single pages.
# BWL Knowledge Base Manager (Premium: $23)
Among the comprehensive wiki knowledge base plugins presently available, BWL has no complex set up and gets started immediately. It contains a grid-style display for presenting your content, and you are able to classify the content according to your preferred categories.
Although a premium plugin, but it offers you every important functionality required to operate a superior quality knowledge base website. BWL Knowledge Base Manager is packed with features that explains its price-tag.
- 6 types of custom knowledge base layouts: Rounded Numeric List, Square, Classic List Layout, Boxed and Accordian style etc.
- Custom Widgets
- RTL and WPML compatible
- Offers alternatives to display relevant knowledge base queries
- Extends a form to compile questions recommended by users
- Presents an organized Ajax based searching
- Supports tags and categories
Further, this plugin also ensures a voting function to your users which lets you gather data about the benefits and effectiveness of your questions. Personalized shortcode editor and a dynamic customizability panel offers you the choice of design. Certainly, BWL features among one of the leading WordPress Knowledge Base available at present.
# Heroic Knowledge Base WordPress Plugin
This plugin lets you develop a WordPress powered site with a solid knowledge base within a few minutes. Heroic has been designed to lower the support cost and also the time spent by you in managing customer inquiries. It also assists you to gather feedback on articles so that you can instantly find out the articles that are proving helpful to your visitors and also identify those articles that require further improvement. Its top feature of article feedback also lets the users contribute by indicating the improvements so that you can comprehend the changes or improvements. Besides, its simple drag and drop option of ordering content allows you to to order everything based on your needs.
- Instant answers through AJAX search that lets users find the answer to the queries within seconds
- Article Attachment permits your visitors to download the files that are downloadable in the article and having built-in support for attachments
- Includes three widgets for displaying and sharing a knowledge base article to make it convenient for your users to locate related articles, authors, and categories across your site.
- Attach files and images to articles
- WPML supportive
- Mobile and developer friendly
- Articles versioning along with revisions
- Custom permalinks/slugs
- Ready for theme integration
- Add plus edit articles
# Knowledge Base
One of the well-known premium Wiki WordPress plugins, Knowledge Base is simple in usage and a flexible plugin that allows you to make a functional and engaging wiki style page. While it is designed for pages that have a documentation style, it also functions effectively as a wiki plugin.
- Super-fast search
- Integrated breadcrumb
- Numerous widgets
- Latest Posts
- Interactive design
- Drag and drop knowledge base posts
- Quick support
Knowledge Base constitutes an awesome plugin that can be downloaded and installed for $49.
Another Knowledge Base WordPress plugin that can be utilized by users to develop their wiki. MinervaKB is packed with additional features than what is required by such a website. Basically, it has been built to serve as an effective knowledge base plugin. A trending plugin, MinervaKB with Analytics is projected as the fastest expanding knowledge base plugin for 2020. Stacked with rising user reviews, and competitively priced at $69 for the premium functions, MinervaKB plugin is adaptive to all your needs. It permits the users to add forms from the front-end interface and can also follow-up articles for feedback using this plugin.
- Live AJAX search feature
- An analytics dashboard
- Content shortcodes
- SEO compatible
- Google Analytics integration
- Like & Dislike button
- Content restraint
- Color customization
- Robust WordPress FAQ module
- Nested topics
- Archives and sorting
- Translation ready
- Search keyword monitoring
# WP Glossary
A WordPress plugin, WP Glossary lets you include your individual glossary of terms, for your Wiki site or online encyclopedia. This plugin functions through a custom post type which provides you a complete editor at your availability. But, you can also utilize any of your present post types too, if you prefer.
- Display glossary terms with animation effects
- Capacity to hyperlink phrases and terms to pages and post to improve SEO
- Features that display a tooltip window on hovering the mouse
- Complete array of shortcodes and styles
- Easy installation
- Simple to apply custom set of alphabets/filter letters over default alphabets in Enflish
- High compatibility with themes from WordPress
- BuddyPress integration
- Edit wikis on a custom post type for complete editor functions
# Encyclopedia Lite
A Wiki plugin, Encyclopedia Lite allows you to make an encyclopedia entry, lexicon plus a wiki. This plugin can be applied to develop, manage or display a knowledge database that supports WordPress or different publishing tools. Encyclopedia Lite is multifunctional and is available for installation and free download. The plugin is also language supportive such as Turkish, Latin, Russian and Arabic.
- Auto-indexing facilities
- Simple management
- Categories organization
- Filtering and categories options
- Multiple languages and alphabet support
# Yada Wiki
A terrific wiki plugin to provide Wiki functions to your WordPress site, Yada Wiki offers functions for custom tags and categories, wiki post type, table of contents and index to make your choice for your website extensive. It permits you to link your wiki pages collectively applying wiki page titles also. It is one of the simplest wiki plugins to use as ther are “add wiki listing” and “add wiki link” buttons for easy management. Yada Wiki speedens you work by offering its effective shortcode buttons to create the shortcodes and you do not require to recollect the shortcodes and its values.
- Can create wiki post types
- Custom tags and categories
- Extends support for services and products
- Sidebar widget for exhibiting the TOC page and separate article titles for a particular category
- Appears with full documentation
- Shortcode to add your list of wiki pages within your wiki category
# DW Knowledge Base Pro
A premium WordPress plugin, DW Knowledge Base can effectively bring a knowledge base to your portal. It integrates a responsive design with the DW Knowledge Base Pro theme, whatever be the screen size so that you content appears amazing and great.
This plugin can also work with various popular plugins namely: SEO Ultimate, Paid member subsriptions, Yoast SEO, WP members besides All in One SEO Pack. DW Knowldege Base Pro is also compatible with web browsers such as Safari, Chrome, Edge and opera. Moreover, it can also function with any WordPress theme, so while you are using one, you can experience no difficulty with using the DW Knowledge Base Pro plugin too.
- Fast installation and set up
- Multiple shortcodes
- Cross browser compatible
- 2 favorite layout on Archive page
- Category descriptions
- Category thumbnails
# Wikiomatic – Automatic Post Generator Plugin
An interesting plugin, Wikiomatic plugin works like a Wikipedia to WordPress and WordPress to Wikipedia post importer plugin. Wikiomatic is the best plugin for auto blogging and also automatic post publishing for Wikipedia. This plugin utilizes both Wikipedia API together with Google Knowledge Graph API to modify your site into an auto blogging site by creating posts automatically based on prescribed rules.
This plugin also contains a Google Translate support so as to enable you to select the language of your choice to get your posts translated into. Besides, it is also compatible with Text Spinner that allows it to automatically change generated texts like modifying words with their synonyms. This further results in an improved SEO.
- Supports Google Translate
- Bring in content to your blog from any public article on Wikipedia
- Input posts on the basis of keyword search
- Posts can possess: content, custom title, disable/enable comments, Wikipedia post highlighted image or default feature image, post status, post type, post category, post author and tags
- Bring in tags and item categories to your created posts
- Remove links from content
- Shortcodes will offer the ability to completely customize your content and posts title
- Complete Wikipedia Post details backed (text, links, images, sounds, videos, full content)
- Responsive design, totally mobile compatible
- Ready for Translations
- Most feature filled ‘Wikipedia Post Importer’ Plugin for WordPress in the market
These listed plugins may come with overlapping features, though few of them present separate features and tools based on your requirements to make your website an informative one. Wiki plugins for WordPress assists you to build Wikipedia style sites, knowledge base portal, and also let you add a helpdesk section for customer support. Above all, these plugins offer you supplied documentation with regard to frequently asked questions which makes you visitors discover precise answers to their questions within just a few simple clicks.
Choose from our handpicked Wiki WordPress plugins to get the best one for your visitors that creates a stunning impact. So, this was our clincher of the best Wiki knowlege base WordPress plugins. Hope you have found it useful and suggest if we have missed any significant ones in the comment section.