Having an online business presence is the need of the hour. Living in the digital world means that you have to constantly be in touch with your audience through the use of the internet. The competition is tough out there and to make yourself known, you need to have a website.
Before we begin, here are some advantages of having a business website:
- You go from ‘local’ to ‘global’ with a website.
- Having an online presence makes your brand visible and accessible.
- Your marketing opportunities increase considerably.
- You are exposed to a larger chunk of the audience which leads to maximum conversion and sales.
Steps to create a business website:
- Decide the ‘why’: Making a website is simple. However, your objectives need to be clear. What do you want your visitor to do? What are your most important elements? How do you want to engage with your audience? Why do you do what you do? What do you want to achieve with your brand? When you answer these questions, it becomes easier to retain a loyal following, which in turn leads to sales.
- Website building: You can either hire an expert to build a website for you or you can use a website builder. There is a range of website builders available that let you design beautiful websites with minimum effort. We recommend you opt for a free trial before finalizing one!
- Domain name: Domain name is the address of your website on the internet. It is displayed as a URL (Uniform Resource Locator). Keep in mind that your website name has an impact on your SEO. Choosing a domain name is a crucial task and here are some tips to make the process smoother for you:
- Try and avoid generic terms. We suggest you establish your own identity.
- Having a shorter URL is always more preferable.
- Focus on keeping the name simple as it has higher retention in the minds of your customer.
- If you can, incorporate SEO into your domain name to improve your visibility.
Also Read: Best WordPress Finance Plugins
- Web host: A web host is a place that stores all your data assets. While choosing a web host, focus on the hosting type, customer support, data security, and other technical parameters like storage and RAM, server uptime, and so on.
- Website design: Now the most important thing – website design. Your website needs to look professional, clean, and should attract audiences from across the world. It should be distinct and unique. A website should have a good UI (User Interface) and aim to provide an unforgettable UX (User Experience). It simply means that your visitor should be able to find relevant information on your website without much hassle. Furthermore, your site should have clear Calls To Action (CTA).
If you want to build a website using a website builder, all you have to do is select a website theme, customize the theme according to your preferences, and optimize your website for mobile users.
Create pages: Every good website has several pages with crucial information. This helps in easy navigation.
Some suggestions for pages are:
- Homepage: This is the basic page that acts as an opening page. It should help your visitors navigate to other pages and display the latest information and news about the brand and the website.
- About Us: Your brand needs an introduction and this page does exactly that. It gives your visitors details about your business, products, and services. You can add pictures here and introduce the audience to important members of your brand.
- Products: Obviously, this needs to be included. Your products should be displayed neatly and attractively. You will have to focus on the kind of content used to describe your products and services. Adding attractive and quality pictures is a must!
- Blogs and Galleries: With the help of blogs, you can share your expertise on a particular subject. This works great for engagement. Blogs also tend to work perfectly with SEO. On the other hand, photos and videos are visual content that is usually preferred by audiences. By sharing the best pictures and videos, you can increase engagement and attract visitors from around the world. Additionally, having pictures fosters customer trust!
- Contacts: Lastly, you want your customers to reach out to you. With the contacts page, you give them different ways to contact you. You can also plug in your social media accounts here for people to follow. Normally, information such as phone number, email address, fax, and so on are included. A lot of brands also include Google Maps to help the customer reach your store without any inconvenience.
- Communication: A lot of brands create communities to be in touch with their audiences. Your audience wants to be heard and any good brand should do that. Communication is key when it comes to building and strengthening customer relationships. Feedbacks, suggestions, and questions go a long way. In addition to this, you can be in touch with your audience through email, newsletters, comments, polls, broadcast messages, and so on. You have to constantly make an effort to be in touch with your customers.
- Monetization: Your website should be able to accept payments without any issues. Usually, brands connect their websites to third-party processors. However, if you want, you can have your eCommerce platform through the use of a website builder.
Now, you’re all set! Remember to stay relevant! Change according to the times and update your website accordingly. Your content will make all the difference – so go ahead and entice your audiences with what you have to offer! The more user-friendly your business website is, the more people it will attract. Aim to give your users an optimized experience and they will always come back for more! Focus on providing engaging and accurate content, optimize your site, make it responsive, engage with your audience, promote effectively – and success will be yours!
We hope this has been helpful. All the best with your website and thank you for reading.