LearnDash is the most famous and widely used Learning Management System plugin for WordPress. Learndash offers you to enroll students in courses, quizzes, assignments, and certificates. It consists of every feature that you will need to create an e-learning and membership website. Also, with a number of addons for LearnDash, it can be integrated and compatible with almost any type of website.
One such add-on is BuddyPress for LearnDash which will combine them to work efficiently. As we know, BuddyPress is a huge community plugin for WordPress where you can send messages, create groups, post activities, etc. You integrate it with LearnDash having the learning within your community.
Members can see the list and access their courses directly through their personal profile page. Also, groups can be made to be private with enrolled members only and much more.
Features of BuddyPress for LearnDash
- Exclusive Groups for Course Members
- User Activity Updates about their courses, quizzes, etc.
- LearnDash Author redirects to Member Profiles
- Automatic forums tie along with Course Groups
- Course Participants will automatically be added to their respective groups
BuddyPress for LearnDash In-Depth Review
1. BuddyPress for LearnDash Settings
Using this integration, you can change the visibility of the Courses Tab in members’ profile pages and convert user and group leader roles to learndash’s Student and Group Leader roles. You can find them in wp-admin > Settings > BuddyPress for LearnDash.
- BuddyPress for LearnDash Settings
2. Member Profile Courses Tab
BuddyPress members will have a dedicated courses tab where they can find their enrolled courses. The Courses tab must be enabled to display on the member’s profile page from Settings.
3. BuddyPress Groups
BuddyPress for LearnDash Integration provides you with some course-specific group options that you find in the Group Profile > Manage > Course Settings. Here, you can assign a group course for only enrolled members in the respective course.
You can also select what type of User Activities to be updated on the Group Activity Feed. The following is the list of activity triggers for group activity updates:
- When the user starts a course
- When the user completes a course
- When the user creates a lesson
- When the user completes a lesson
- When the user creates a topic
- When the user completes a topic
- When the user passes a quiz
- When the user comments on the single topic page
- When the user comments on the single lesson page
- When the user comments on a single course page
4. Activity Updates
The main activity feed will also be updated automatically after any major achievement or event happens with a student related to the course. Events can be when a user starts or completes a course, complete a lesson, pass a quiz, etc.
5. Members Filter
The plugin also adds a filter tab in the members’ directory with Group Leaders and Students tab.
In our opinion, LearnDash is an awesome plugin that supports many add-on integrations with many other major plugins. Some of these addons/integrations are available from their official team as well as some of them are from third parties.
This BuddyPress for LearnDash integration neatly combines both of them and increases the user-friendly workflow and environment. Thanks for Reading