As a growing industry, web development is a stable career choice. The development industry has grown and changed in many ways and fields since its inception in the early 1990s. The ability to design websites is still in high demand in the modern era. Learning web development languages is a must for entering this field. However, with so many programming languages available today, it might be difficult for a newbie to know where to start.
Top Web Development Languages for 2022
Every developer working in online design and development should have a solid grounding in HTML or Hyper Text Markup Language. Stack Overflow was popular among web developers and found that it would be the second most prevalent language in 2020. HTML is not a programming language in the traditional sense, but it is the language most commonly used to make websites.
- HTML formats text and graphics and offers web page structure.
- Templates make web design easy.
- Lightweight and quick to respond to your needs.
- Easily learned and used.
- No cost and easy access.
Also Read: WordPress Stock Market Plugins
2. CSS- Programming Languages
CSS, like HTML, is a fundamental language for web designers and developers. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a style-management system commonly used in tandem with HyperText Markup Language (HTML) to create and maintain consistent website layouts. HTML + CSS is considered the “mother” of all programming languages. A web page’s elements, including their sizes, colors, and placements, are controlled by CSS.
- It uses cascading styles, which means that changes to one element’s style will propagate to all other parts of the page.
- It’s responsive.
- The cascading nature of CSS ensures uniformity.
- Faster page loading.
- Facilitates website personalization.
- Lightweight programming language
- The syntax is straightforward to pick up
- It may be used to create web apps, games, and web servers in addition to websites
- Compatible with different languages
- Simple and versatile
Python is widely utilized as one of the most popular languages for web development due to its accessibility and simplicity. A python is an excellent option for programmers of all skill levels. Online application development, data science, and backend development also benefit from its use. Python is popular because it contains a large number of pre-built libraries that simplify the work of programmers.
- Features like dynamic typing make it simple for programmers to build dynamic websites with often updated information.
- Integrating with languages like C, C#, and Java is a powerful backend web development tool.
- It may be used in tandem with widely used web frameworks like Django and Flask to build web-based programs.
- OOP eases programming.
- Promotes code readability.
Also Read: WordPress Scheduler Plugins
5. Java- Programming Languages
Sun Microsystems created Java in 1990 as an extension to the C++ programming language. Java was designed with the idea that it may be used in any environment by simply changing a few settings. This is now one of the most popular server-side programming languages, and Oracle owns it. This is a fantastic language to learn because of its low barrier to entry and great productivity; it is OOP-aware and has access to feature-rich open-source libraries.
- Since numerous threads in Java can run simultaneously, the CPU can be put to its full potential.
- Scaling up or out is easy with few alterations to the code.
- It is highly secure and can process large amounts of data.
- Easy to learn, code, and debug
- Robust and versatile
Also Read: How to install font in WordPress website?
- An integrated set of debugging tools streamlines the development process.
- There are fewer type-related errors since the language is type-safe.
- Compatible with Microsoft’s free coding editor, Visual Studio Code.
- Cross-platform/browser compatibility
- Supports OOP
- Improved code readability
C++, created in the 1980s as an extension of Objective C, is a middle-level programming language. It’s an excellent language for beginners because it’s straightforward and has various practical applications. C++ adds features like object-oriented programming, exception management, and type checking in addition to what Objective C provides.
- Able to utilize object-oriented programming ideas such as abstraction, inheritance, and encapsulation.
- Includes an extensive, well-established library of reference materials
- A fast and reliable system for assembling data
- Simple and transportable
- Easily expandable
- Large amounts of community backing
Also Read: Top WordPress Ranking Plugins
Structured Query Language, or SQL, is a standard database language typically used in tandem with another computer language. In this context, it serves as a database query language for data management. According to Stack Overflow, more than half of all developers use SQL as their primary programming language.
- Create, read, edit, and remove database records with ease.
- It is commonly implemented in BI tools.
- The syntax of SQL is straightforward.
9. PHP- Programming Languages
Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a widely-used open-source programming language for backend development. It is mainly employed for creating data-intensive, dynamic websites because it is an interpreted language. PHP is used by major CMS systems like Drupal and WordPress, making it one of the most widely used web page languages.
- It has a wide variety of add-ons, including .NET, MySQL, and Apache.
- It can generate HTML, photos, PDFs, texts, and animations.
- As a bonus, it works well with online storage solutions.
- Compatible with all major OSes.
Also Read: How to use WordPress call widget
10. C#- Programming Languages
Microsoft’s C# (C Sharp) is an object-oriented programming language. Its original intent was to use Microsoft’s .NET framework for creating Windows programs. It has found widespread use in recent years, particularly in creating games and mobile applications. It is one of the most excellent website coding languages in 2022 since it is compatible with Windows and Android, Linux, and iOS.
- It prevents memory leaks and offers a reliable memory backup system.
- It has an extensive library collection with a shorter development time.
- It is the only language supported by the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- For all web development
- Fully .NET-integrated
- Fast compilation and execution
Also Read: How To Speed Up And Optimize WordPress Sites
Angular is a popular front-end language because of its MVC structure and its support for dynamic modeling. It’s a strong language for helping create advanced programs. Angular’s usage of HTML makes it an approachable framework for building user interfaces. Angular is the most effective tool for creating complex applications with beautiful UIs.
- It simplifies and expedites the creation process by utilizing pre-existing templates.
- It streamlines the development process with the help of add-ons like Snippet and Angular CLI.
- Angular Filters are used to filter information before it is shown.
- Minimum coding required.
- Dual data binding.
- Better performance and functionality.
Also Read: How to Prepare Your Team For Social Selling
One alternative to PHP for building websites is the popular programming language Swift. In terms of the history of programming languages, this one is very new, announced in 2014.
Both front- and backend programming can be done in this language.
Swift’s accessibility, security, and open-source nature make it a strong candidate for usage in web development. The first language of its kind is cross-platform, supports object-oriented programming, and is lightning fast and incredibly robust.
Also Read: Guide to BuddyPress Customization
13. Ruby- Programming Languages
Ruby is a solid option if you’re looking for a reliable language for building websites. As an open-source language, it can be used without cost. This language is best suited for use on the back end of a website. The programming paradigms functional and object-oriented are just two of the many that Ruby offers in its interpreted form as a general-purpose language.
When compared to other languages used for backend development, this one is easy to learn and doesn’t require a specific platform to run on.
- Dynamic typing
- Automatic pick-up of trash,
- Large standard library
- Custom dispatching
- It’s flexible and scalable.
Conclusion of Programming Languages
Every year brings new features and improvements to the many languages used for creating websites. Those mentioned above and discussed programming languages are expected to be the most beneficial among others in 2022 for web development because of their many benefits, such as security and speed.