Do you want to master a new skill or get certified in order to start a new career path? In today’s job market, employers often demand specific skills from their employees. If you don’t possess these skills, you risk being overlooked for future opportunities. This is where learning management systems (LMS) come into play. These powerful software programs enable learners to access educational materials at any time, anywhere via mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Multiple LMS platforms offer courses and certification training in various industries.
LearnDash is a cloud-based learning management system provider known for its user-friendly interface and excellent customer service. The company was founded in 2012 and has since grown to become a leader in the field. Today, it serves more than 500,000 unique students across 160 countries.
Choose LearnDash Over Multiple LMS Platforms
There are many benefits to using LearnDash to teach people important skills and certifications. For example, it provides high-quality learning resources at low prices. The company also offers free trials, unlimited support, and flexible payment options. Finally, LearnDash integrates seamlessly with other web apps, creating a versatile package for businesses that require multiple channels of communication.
1. What is LearnDash?
LearnDash is a free online learning platform that provides an interactive and engaging way for students to learn. It was founded in 2016 by the team behind the popular MOOC platform, Coursera. The company has offices in San Francisco, New York City, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, Zurich, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, and Delhi.
The LearnDash platform allows users to create accounts, browse courses, enroll in classes, track progress, view grades, and submit assignments. Students can use their account to log in to LearnDash anytime and anywhere they have internet access. They can also download course content onto their mobile device so they can study on the go.
The LearnDash platform supports several languages, including English. Users can select courses based on their preferred language.
Also Read: How to build an online learning community
2. How does LearnDash work?
- LearnDash uses a combination of video lectures and quizzes to deliver lessons. Each lesson contains a series of videos followed by a quiz. After each quiz, the learner receives feedback about how well he/she did.
- Learners can earn points by answering questions correctly. Points are used to unlock badges and certificates. When a student completes a course, he/she automatically earns a certificate. Certificates can be shared publicly on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Learners can take quizzes at any time during the day. Quizzes appear randomly throughout the day. There is no limit to the number of times a learner can take a quiz.
- When a learner takes a quiz, his/her name appears next to the question. Learners can click “next” to proceed to the next question. However, if a learner gets stuck on a question, he/she can click “skip” to move on to another question.
- Learners can review their answers after taking a quiz. Answers are displayed below the question. A learner can correct or change his/her answer by clicking “edit” next to the answer. Once a learner clicks “submit,” his/her answer will be saved.
- Learners can see their overall scores as well as scores from individual sections. Scores are calculated based on the percentage of questions answered correctly.
- Learners can set up notifications to receive email alerts when they reach certain milestones, such as earning a badge or completing a course.
- Learners can share their progress through their profile page. They can include links to their LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, and Twitter profiles.
- Learners can upload a resume or portfolio to their profile page. This feature is available only for learners who have completed a course.
Also Read: LMS LearnDash Plugin Review
3. LearnDash Main Features
- LearnDash Focus Mode is designed to help students stay focused and avoid distractions.
- Drag and drop courses creator
- Dynamic content delivery that includes the requirement of viewing videos prior to advancing in the course, drip-feeding lessons, and the ability to move in a linear and fluid manner through the course.
- Forums for building community
- Management of the Group
Also Read: eLearning elements for LMS Website
4. Why LearnDash?
LearnDash is always getting frequent updates every now and then. Hence, it will keep on bringing updates and building your dream Learning Management System!
LearnDash has gained extensive experience by creating effective learning management systems for Fortune 500 companies and the US government.
Customers love LearnDash so much that they regularly interact and publish tutorials, comments, and solutions for other customers!
5. LearnDash Course Builder- LMS Platforms
When creating an educational course with LearnDash, you can use the standard WordPress block editor, but there are also some more options to the left of the screen:
Go to the Builder tab for your course to create the framework for it. Here, you can use headings to divide your courses into sections, and lessons can be used to add information. LearnDash can additionally add subjects as a third framework. You can further break your lectures into different sections by using topics. Although new topics can be added at any moment, some course designers merely use section headings and lessons. However, if you have a lot of material and want to divide your classes into smaller chunks, subjects can be a wonderful feature to consider.
LearnDash will prominently mark your classes with a green “L” and the red “T”-designated themes. Additionally, questions may be added; they will be denoted by a “Q”: Any form of content can be easily rearranged. You only need to drag and drop the information into place to make it match with the rest of your lesson’s general design. Overall, I think that this aerial view is really helpful for outlining the course’s fundamental structure. Understanding how everything ties together is simple.
6. LearnDash Lesson Builder- LMS Platforms
It is necessary to open a distinct interface in order to update a particular lesson (or quiz). By selecting an icon in the course builder, you can.
There is an option to add content using the standard WordPress block editor on the lesson-building page.
I particularly appreciate that LearnDash provides a few boxes in the lesson editor that let you assess how the lesson fits into the larger course and go back to the course builder’s home page: On the lesson settings tab, You can change certain crucial parameters, such as the inclusion of a video that students must watch in order to go through the course.
Include a timeline for when the course should be made accessible as a drip release. For example, if you want to offer drip content, you can start giving the lesson seven days after the user has been admitted to the program. This can prevent students from devouring course material, which is especially helpful for classes that repeat.
The editor for topics and classes is much the same. But you can only do drips of lessons; you can’t learn topics individually (and all the subjects within lessons).
Also Read: 7 Best Service Marketplace WordPress Themes
LearnDash – The Wrap Up
LearnDash is a powerful LMS with all sorts of features and capabilities built-in or available through extensions. It may be more than you need to get started. Other LMS platforms like TalentLMS, ThinkFic, LifterLMS, Tutor LMS, and Kajabi do not offer such vast course building and structuring options. Meanwhile, LearnDash with WordPress gives you the power to completely revolutionize the online learning experience for students.