Digital marketing is a powerful strategy for business growth that brings together businesses, customers and influencers and many other digital environment factors. Thousands of companies and brands have employed it effectively, and its popularity has grown steadily over the last decade.
Brands and marketers are now using digital marketing more than ever due to the global effect of COVID 19, and it’s set to expand even more in the coming year.
Digital marketing statistics
Social media and its influencers have become an essential aspect of the strategy when it comes to marketing. So, Let’s review digital marketing progress over the previous year, what it achieved, and why it’s crucial to invest in this promotion method.
1. Influencer marketing statistics 2022
- Influencer marketing data suggest that 38 percent of consumers seek influencer reviews while online buying.
- These data demonstrate that engaging with influencers may raise your brand trust among consumers and increase conversions and sales. So, engaging in influencer marketing is vital for your product’s success.
- Top merchants who collectively spent $172 million on influencer marketing earned roughly $3 billion in EMV.
- Influencer marketing dramatically enhances Earned Media Value (EMV) and, as a consequence, draws a broader pool of clients. Thus, influencer material is a true goldmine for any brand.
- Not only does it offer results in social media marketing, but it’s also highly effective when coupled together with product sites. It helps boost visitors’ time-on-site and spike conversions by giving trustworthy product reviews and descriptions that aid and speed up visitors’ decision-making process in your favor.
- 93 percent of social media users employ Instagram for influencer marketing, the State of Influencer Marketing research shows.
- Additionally, the interest in TikTok has surged by 325 percent for the same reason. 68 percent of marketers expect to exploit the platform for influencer marketing in 2022.
According to industry estimates, the influencer marketing business will be worth $13.8 billion by 2022.
- In 2021, 17.75% of firms had an influencer marketing expenditure.
- This indicates that in 2022, influencer marketing campaigns are likely to take place on Instagram and TikTok. Hence, companies have to alter their marketing strategy to cater to users of both of these platforms.
2. Stats about search engine optimization
- Search engine optimization (SEO) is a priority for over seventy percent of digital marketers.
- For the past several years, the strategy of optimizing content to satisfy search engine criteria has been producing great results, and so, digital marketers have been investing in SEO.
- Use of mobile devices have increased tremendously, mobile searches account for 54% of all web traffic worldwide.
- Mobile-friendly websites are essential to attracting visitors and increasing conversions, which will only benefit your business in the long run.
- Search engines facilitate nearly seventy percent of all internet activity.
- It is estimated that Google has a market share of around 87%.
- 31.7 percent is the average CTR for the first organic result on Google.
- On average, the top 5 organic search result pages account for over 68 percent of all clicks.
- When you use SEO methods and tricks to improve your website’s search engine rankings, you’ll see a rise in your click-through rate (CTR).
Also Read: Social Media Statistics to Know
3. Data relating to online content marketing 2022
Because of its effectiveness and low-price tag, this specific type of digital marketing has shown to be quite profitable. To back up my assertion, I’ve included the following numbers from the world of online marketing.
- Blogs increase the site’s indexation rate by a whopping 434 percent.
- Having a blog and regularly releasing new content improves your website’s visibility in the eyes of the general audience. Because of this, having a blog on your website might lead to increased conversion rates.
- On average, the cost of content marketing is 62% lower than traditional advertising.
- When it comes to your company’s bottom line, engaging in content marketing is both extremely effective and cost-effective.
- 62% of companies say they prefer to use outside firms to handle content marketing.
- Companies don’t need to hire a dedicated content marketing staff to assist them in achieving their business objectives. Marketing service providers are becoming a realistic and cost-effective solution in today’s industry.
- More than seven out of ten people feel that articles are better to learn about a company than commercials.
- By 2021, 82% of marketers will have invested in content marketing, up 70% in 2020.
- In terms of content marketing, video is the most popular medium, followed by infographics and blogging.
- Web traffic, sales, and engagement are the three most important measures for measuring the performance of your digital marketing strategy.
- Enough said. Posting optimized articles for search engines and advertising your services can help your business gain a reputation.
Also Read: Online Community Statistics
4. Email marketing in 2022: facts and figures
- Email marketing yields a 38 percent return on investment.
- There is no arguing with this ROI figure. Email marketing is still a very effective and realistic marketing method. Email marketing hasn’t lost its hold on customers throughout the world. Although it appears to be an outdated strategy, it provides a strong ROI.
- Compared to text links, CTA buttons in emails enhance CTR by 28%.
- Most digital marketers send their consumers no more than two emails a week.
- Email newsletters are the most popular content marketing method for B2B marketers, according to 81 percent of respondents.
- Mobile-friendly emails, message personalization, and subscriber segmentation are the top three email marketing techniques.
- You may significantly enhance your newsletter’s click-through rate by incorporating call-to-action buttons after your email. This is based on research.
5. Statistics for social media marketing 2022
- More than seventy-three percent of respondents claim that social media has boosted their marketing efforts.
- According to surveys, social media is now a critical component of the success of every marketing strategy. To boost your interaction and conversions on social media.
- Regarding social media marketing for B2B and B2C companies alike, 94 percent of B2B and 94 percent of B2C marketers use Facebook as their primary social media platform.
- Selecting the right social media platform is critical for every business, as you can see. A successful online marketing strategy begins with a thorough understanding of the demographics of your target audience and the proper social media sources to meet their demands.
- 15% of respondents who have had a pleasant and rewarding experience with the brand on social media are more inclined to suggest the company and its products to their family and friends than those who have not.
- 54% of customers turn to social media to learn more about a product.
- 63% Digital marketers think firmly that social media is essential to their business.
- To achieve success and attract new consumers, you must develop clear communication routes with your customers on all of your social media platforms.
When it comes to the digital marketing sector, things are always shifting. Consumers and C-level executives are increasing the pressure on marketing teams.
They are continually urged to stay up with customer expectations, provide tailored customer experiences, and demonstrate clear marketing ROI. Marketing teams may find it difficult to stay abreast of industry trends and priorities to succeed.
This is why you need to stay up to date on the latest developments in your field. The last thing you want, especially if you’re running a new firm, is to sit back and watch your competitors take advantage of your lack of knowledge.