Blogging has been around for quite some time now and it is here to stay. To put it simply, a blog is a medium for you to share your ideas with the world in the form of written and visual content. It refers to media such as writing and photography that is published online for everyone to read.
Blogging Everything You need
Starting a blog might feel overwhelming – but it isn’t! Blogging is an effective tool to share your experiences and thoughts with the world. You can write about something that inspires you, or promote your brand, or focus on niche topics such as food, fashion, and so on. In this article, we will take you through the process of starting your own blog.
Here are some reasons why you need a blog:
- A blog keeps your audience updated about your business or personal life.
- It is a great tool for driving traffic to your website.
- With a blog, getting feedback from customers is easy.
- You can build your email database effectively.
- It is ideal for your social exposure.
- It becomes easier to find a community.
If you are still not convinced, here are some statistics to change your mind:
- Companies who blog get 97% more links to their websites.
- 77% of internet users read blogs.
- 53% of marketers say blogging is their top content marketing priority.
- Blogs with articles of 2000+ words are far likely to have strong results.
Like everything else, in blogging, preparation is key. You need to have a detailed idea about what you want to write about.
After detailed consideration, we have concluded that these three steps are ideal to follow while setting up your blog:
1. Strategy development:
If you want your blog to be successful, you have to be prepared. This means analyzing the strategic elements of your marketing. Having short and long term goals is a good way to begin. Everything you put online should have value for the reader – this is a must for success. Typically, with a blog, you should be able to build your brand, expand your reach, and improve conversions.
Once you have your goals in mind, it is now time to define your target audience. Who should read your blog? Using demographics while making this decision is necessary. The tone and specifics of your content change according to your audiences.
Lastly, you need to ensure that your blog stays relevant with the times. Depending on the niche you choose, you should pick an interesting theme for your blog. Your writing style should also be defined at this stage.
If you want to develop a blog for your brand, you should have essential guidelines for the kind of content you are willing to put out for the audience to read. Having an editorial calendar makes things easier for you. Again, depending on what your brand does, you should decide on the kind of posts you want – it can be quotes, stories, reviews, case studies, videos, interviews – or a mixture of these. A simple rule is to give your audience what they need and this can change over time.
3. Blogging Platform:
You can either choose a free hosted platform or a self-hosted platform. We recommend a self-hosted platform. It provides you with your own hosting space and lets you use your blog name. Once you have settled on a domain name, you need to pay for hosting the site. This gives you complete control. Now you can design the blog according to your preferences, develop SEO, choose your own layouts, and promote your content. We suggest you create a WordPress blog for your brand. It is the best content management system out there.
Here are some basics you should know:
- Write for your target audience. They will help you achieve your blogging objectives.
- Decide the length according to your topic. A good practice is to write articles that are around 400-1000 words on average. You can also have a series of posts on a topic.
- Ensure that your content has value. It needs to be useful for the reader. Provide accurate information.
- Your language should attract your reader. Again, this depends on your target audience.
- Use Call To Action (CTA). Your readers should know the next step after reading your blog.
- Focus on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It will help search engines find your content easily.
Now that you have a blog in place, you should also have the means to promote it.
Here are some easy ways to promote your blog:
- Social Media: Social media is a powerful tool to engage with audiences. We highly recommend you create your social media profiles and add a link to your blog.
- Interaction with other blogs: Another thing you can do is find similar blogs in the community and engage with them. Introduce yourself in their comment sections and leave engaging comments. This is a great way to build relationships with fellow bloggers and their audiences.
- Engagement: Your audience needs to be heard. When they leave a reply or comment on your blog, make sure that you affirm the same by replying to them. Visitors are encouraged to engage more when the writer/blogger interacts with them.
- Email list: In today’s world, an emailing list is highly important. Email marketing is the key.
Here is a helpful blog on different strategies you can use for email marketing.
- SEO: With Search Engine Optimization, you can optimize your blog to receive traffic. By using header tags, categorization, and permalinks, you will be seen by search engines and more people can reach you. Incorporating keywords becomes essential in written content. A great deal of research needs to be done into understanding the relevant keywords for the kind of business you do.
Blogging is an efficient way to promote your products and services and share your thoughts with everyone. Big and small brands are making the shift and focusing on sharing their views with their audience and we highly recommend that you do the same! So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and connect with the world with your blogs! We hope this article has been helpful to you. All the best!