Building a community is one of the most crucial parts of any marketing strategy today. When your customers form communities, there are higher chances of them staying loyal to your brand. However, for a community to work effectively, it must be engaging and knowledgeable for your customers. In this article, we will discuss the 5 best ways to build an engaged community on social media. So, let’s begin!
1. Make communication easier:
Regular communication with your customers is the key to building a loyal and truthful community. 57% of customers stay loyal to a brand that allows human interaction rather than AI. There are several platforms you can use to start communication with your customers and potential community members. Of course, the way you communicate on each platform might differ based on their algorithms. Let’s look at some of the platforms that might be of help:
- Facebook Messenger
- Facebook groups
- Instagram (stories, posts, and hashtags)
- Live chat service on the company’s website
Also Visit: Create your community with Reign Community Theme
2. Provide valuable content:
Getting people interested in your community is one thing, but now you need to keep your community engaged. Customers need something of value so that they come back to your website. The best way to do this is by solving their problems. Ask them questions like “How did you like the last product or you bought?” or “ How can we help you out?”. Conducting a Q and A session on Instagram or Facebook is also a great way to build engagement in your community. The aim is to seek feedback from them and then solve their problems in the form of content. You can create a blog or social media status update that educates them and helps them overcome their problems. There are a few things to remember while creating content for your customers:
- Use Infographics
- Address the problems from the Q and A sessions
- If you have already existing content that still provides something of value, don’t hesitate to reshare it.
3. Giveaways and Coupons:
Running giveaways and rewarding top contributors with coupons are also effective methods of building an engaging community. While the community is contributing to your community, it is important to give them back in the form of rewards. You can also use gamification techniques like quizzes or redeemable reward points for top scorers on your website. This builds motivation and encourages new members to participate in the community. There are several points to keep in mind when running a giveaway and coupons:
- On any social media platform, it is easy to run a giveaway contest. All you need to do is make sure the terms of your giveaway are clear, and the prize is relevant to your brand.
- Plan a theme for your contests. For example, Would your prize be more relevant on Christmas, the Olympics, or any other national event?
- To identify the top contributors of your community, you can look at your Group Insights and open up Member Details. This section shows who your top contributors are, and exactly how much time have they spent in your community, including the comments and posts they have created. You can then pick up the top contributors and reward them with coupons or redeemable points.
- Create a separate post that highlights your top contributors getting rewarded to motivate other members of the community.
4. Involve your community in your passion:
To build an engaged community, members must relate to your values and passion. The easiest way to achieve this is by creating user-generated content where your members generate content for you. This turns them into micro-influencers and brand advocates. This is a great way to boost your organic reach and keep your community engaged. For example, share photos and videos of customers using your products on your social media. You can also share user-generated content that is relevant to your brand, and of course, give them credit for it. At the same time, make sure you keep your community updated with your journey. Create throwback posts and videos, behind-the-scenes videos that are exclusive for the members of your community.
Also Read Best Instagram plugin for WordPress
5. Share your story:
For any business owner, it is important to add a personal touch to their engaged community on social media. Very few people will care about your brand as much as they care about you. And you can make them care about you by sharing your story with them! If you can build an emotional connection with your members, you have most likely made them loyal customers for a long time. From them to choose selectively your products, you must make sure they know what’s unique about you. You can create regular posts and updates about the story you are trying to share. Make it something that the audience can relate to. Also, remember to offer value through your story, and keep it engaging.
To sum up:
Well, there you go! Creating an engaged community on social media can be easy, but keeping it constantly engaged can be fairly difficult. However, all you need to do is make communication easy for your customers, provide value through your content, run giveaways and contests, combine your community with your passion, and create an emotional connection by sharing your story with the members. We hope this article has been helpful! Thank you for reading and all the best!