The technical features of SEO are baffling even to people who know how to integrate Search Engine Optimization into their pages. To be successful you need to know why what and how SEO is related to your blog. You can use all these to have a better understanding of how to use Search Engine Optimization for your blog.
Understanding What SEO Is
Search Engine Optimization formulates your blog in a way that it helps in expanding your search results organically. SEO also helps in driving more traffic to your website. It is basically a method where instead of engaging traffic through paid ads, you build and write web pages that give it a boost in the Google rankings. Write articles with significant materials that cater to what the readers want. Writing precise information will help Google in understanding the content and then finding it on your page. SEO will help in improving the quality and quantity of your traffic.
What Google Demands For
Google’s way of searching things or the search algorithm is constantly changing. The easiest way to figure it out is by seeing what has worked for other websites that are similar to yours. What search engines do is, they refer searchers to websites that are most significant to the search request of the user. That can be figured out in a lot of ways. Let’s have a look at a few of them.
- Analyze if your website’s performance by checking if your website loads quickly or not or if your images are optimized or not. Make sure that all the links mentioned on your website are correct.
- Check if your content on all the pages is relevant to the searched keyword. Make sure that the image descriptions and title match the keyword too.
- Make your website user-friendly. That will ensure that your website is easier to navigate. Check how much time a user spends on your website.
- Check if any other reputed website considers your blog good enough to link to.
All of the above factors decide if your blog is worthy of high ranking. Google considers all these aspects to see if yours is a good blog. To achieve that number one position in the search results, you need to make sure that your site follows all the above steps.
What not is SEO
It is often seen that people try to use too many SEO friendly details to their website thinking that it will improve their rankings and traffic. But, the result is negative. Google’s search algorithm is very complex and you cannot fool it. It might work for some in the short run but not in the long run in any way.
Let’s take a look at some of the things you should stay away from.
- Excessive use of Keywords – The key to improving your rank in Google is to use keywords subtly. Forcing keywords into sentences where they do not fit or overusing it in a phrase is not a good thing to do. Use it in such a way that your content remains sensible and the usage of keywords do not seem too much.
- Purchasing Links – There are many sellers that offer to increase your rankings and drive more traffic to your website by selling you several links. By providing good links to popular and relevant websites, you will be able to boost your site’s rankings. But, the links that these sellers provide, often link to websites that have got nothing to do with your blog. That will just be a drawback for the website.
- Unsatisfactory User Experience – While analyzing, if you find that most users leave your website within seven to eight seconds, there is something wrong with your site. One of the reasons why users choose to leave is because there are too many ads displayed on your site. That will shift the user’s focus from the actual content. Too many ads make it difficult to find anything to read and makes the user disinterested.
SEO, if used in a proper way can give a major boost to your website. It is up to you how you decide to use it for your website.