The numbers of mobile users have increased over the years, therefore, making the need to cater to them Attractive Mobile Websites even more essential. Mobile users are as important as any other user and therefore it is very important to ensure that they find Attractive Mobile Websites. Not all those who have sites are front-end developers. Most of the people who have a site might be entrepreneurs or regular bloggers.
WordPress was programmed in such a way so that everyone could use it and create their site. Now, when people have made their site, they need help to make sure that their site looks good on all screens. This is where WordPress plugins come into use.
Table of Contents
Mobile WordPress Plugins
1. Theme Switcher Plugins For Changing Themes
You can choose themes or get a custom-made one that would work on all screens. But, most of the times the chosen themes have unsteady mobile navigation or might fail to display your content in a way in which you want. Theme switchers are WordPress plugins that help to change between themes of your choice based upon the device that the user is using.
Let us have a look at a few of the free theme switchers:-
2. Mobile Smart plugin for Attractive Mobile Websites
It is a WordPress plugin that allows you to enable mobile-specific themes for tablets or phones and provide Attractive Mobile Websites. It has a manual switcher that gives you the freedom to switch as and when you like it. It has a feature called transcoding that that helps to resize the images in a post or on a page automatically. It is done for faster delivery to small screens. This feature is in the development stage. There is also a premium version of it available that has the option to provide page content that has been designed specifically for mobile users, menus designed specifically for small screens and much more.
Get the Plugin
3. Any Mobile Theme Switcher plugin for Attractive Mobile Websites
It is free and one of the easiest WordPress plugin designed to switch themes. It allows you to set separate themes for iPhones, iPad, Android tablets and phones, Windows, Blackberry, Opera Mini and others. It also has an option where the mobile users can switch back to the desktop version or theme if they wish to.
4. WordPress Mobile Pack
A WordPress plugin for creating a design for mobile users that is more like an app. It is completely different from what the users will see on a laptop or a desktop. WordPress Mobile Pack is an amazing WordPress plugin that does all the work. It displays all your content as a web app to mobile users. This mobile app can be customized where you can add your own logo, color scheme, fonts and several other things. It is a great way to ensure that the small screen users are taken care of.
5. WP Responsive Menu
You might like the theme, but the inbuilt navigation might not be that great. It would be a great setback for your business if your users cannot find you. Mobile Navigation helps in creating a full-screen navigation option that will show up only on mobiles or tablets. The breakpoint can be customized to show the fonts and colors.
WP Responsive Menu does the same job except that the menu slides in from the side. With this plugin, you can customize the menu as per your liking.
6. MobileView: Watch the contrast side by side
It is best to see how your site appears on different screens by watching them side by side. MobileView is an amazing WordPress plugin that gives you the opportunity to do so. Once you log into your site and start browsing, a small preview of it will be launched in the right-hand corner. It gives you an idea of how your site will appear in different mobile sizes.
- Create content that is mobile-friendly: Your content should be such that it can easily adapt to whatever platform it is viewed on. There are several WordPress plugins that can help you give more control over the overall look of your content and to introduce interface elements that are more complex in nature.
- Post-Script Responsive Images: It is best to serve images that have been resized to suit the small screen users’ need. This enables mobile users who have restricted data plans to use your website too. Postscript responsive images create several types of images present on your site automatically. After it is done, it serves the pictures to the browser and the browser picks the image that is most suitable to download.
Making a site that works well with all types of screens is definitely not easy but is possible. These WordPress plugins will help you in making your site more attractive and user-friendly for mobile users.