Traveling is a feast for many people. Some travel with their loved ones, family members, and friends, or some people travel solo, going and traveling around places they love in peace. Solo traveling is fun, but have you ever tried to find random people trying to travel to a similar location. Creating a travel community is easy, you just need to install a few things to set up a full-fledged website. This blog post will completely inform you about building a travel community website from scratch.
Completing a trip with strangers is fun no cap, but the elephant of the room is how? Yes, you’re right. There are multiple options to look for while finding strangers to travel together. Many travel community websites promote such strangers’ group travels. You can look for people on the website who are interested to travel the same place as you. You can form a group of two, three, or even more than eleven to twenty people online.
What is a travel community?
A travel community is an online social network that allows people to share their experiences and connect with others who are interested in the same things. It’s like a virtual neighborhood where you can meet other travelers, exchange tips, ask questions, get recommendations, find out about local events, and more. For instance, a fitness community is a place for gym freaks to join and get fit together.
Also Read: 10 Best And New Social Network Communities
How online communities have shaped the travel industry?
Travel communities have been around for many years now but they were never as popular or well known as today. The reason behind this is that it was hard to create one before the internet came into existence. However, since then, there has been a huge growth in the number of these sites. Today, you can easily find a travel community site by searching Google.
Although online travel communities are a big thing, there are quite a few questions attached to them.
Also Read: Use Google Trends For Market Research And Content Analysis
1. Why do we need a traveling a community?
The main purpose of creating a travel community is to help people to make new friends, learn about different cultures, and enjoy the experience of meeting new people. In addition, it helps them to save money, avoid scams, and find the best deals.
2. Is it safe to join a traveling community?
Yes! When joining a travel community, you should be aware of what kind of information you provide. Make sure that your profile is private so that only those whom you want to see your profile can view it. Also, don’t give away any personal details like phone numbers, email addresses, and credit card information.
3. How does a traveling community work?
When you sign up for a travel community, you’ll receive an invitation to join. Once you accept the invite, you’ll be able to log in to your account and start using all the features of the community.
You can also use the search feature to find people who are looking for the same destination as yours.
What to keep in mind while building traveling community websites?
We believe that the best way for people to learn about and experience new places is by visiting them. We want to help you discover your next destination, whether it’s a city or country, an island paradise, or a mountain retreat.
But there are so many websites out there already! How can you make yours stand out from the crowd?
The answer lies in how unique is your approach to travel planning. Your goal must be to provide users with the most accurate, detailed information possible. That means you need to curate every aspect of each destination: its history, culture, food & drink, attractions, activities, nightlife, and much more.
- Get your travel guides written by locals who live in the destinations themselves. They know the ins and outs of each location better than anyone else.
- Add a common search filter to your community website, so that people can easily select the target location and look for people wanting to travel to the same location.
- Add community moderation features for your members to report suspicious people in the community.
- Add a blog section to your community website, where travel bloggers can post blogs they have curated during their travel days.
- Get your travel articles written by professional writers who have lived in the destinations for years. They are experts on everything from how to survive in a foreign land to what to eat when traveling abroad.
- Get your travel maps created by geographers and cartographers who specialize in mapping the world’s top tourist destinations. They’re constantly updating and refining our maps to ensure they’re as up-to-date as possible.
- Get your videos shot by local filmmakers who share their passion for the destinations they visit. Their videos capture the essence of the place and offer great insights into the culture, lifestyle, and history.
How do you build a traveling community website?
It takes quite a few steps to create a top-notch travel community website. The steps sure are long but it is quite easy to create one. Without further ado, let me explain to you the major steps required.
1. Create a Website using WordPress
First and foremost, you must create a WordPress website. Then, create your website and give it a memorable name. A name that will entice visitors to your newly created travel community website. Keep your name in reference to traveling, someplace related to traveling, or a common word that is used a lot by travelers.
Also Read: 4 Google AdWords Advertising Policies
2. Choose a theme compatible enough with travel-style websites
After you have successfully completed the setup of your website, you may go on to obtain a suitable theme template for your travel community website. Use a suitable theme that supports all of the essential plugins needed to establish a unique travel community website. You can choose one of our greatest themes, such as the BuddyX theme. Should I tell you what our plugin’s finest feature is? It is completely free to use! It has all of the elements required to establish a traveler’s community website.
3. Run your dream traveling community website
After activating the BuddyX/another theme, run the theme setup and import a sample for assistance. BuddyX is a helpful and responsive theme designed for large community websites.
WordPress Travel Themes for Hotel & Bloggers
Free and Premium Tour Package WordPress Themes