Sell your courses online like a Pro now with updated version of LearnDash 3.0
LearnDash has made it easy to sell your expertise in the form of online courses even without getting messed up with the coding knowledge. No matter what kind of courses you would like to sell online, LearnDash is just awesome to start with.
It offers you lots of features to start with an engaging WordPress LMS website. Features cover all the aspects to display courses in an organized way, monetization features, brilliant administrative features and also for latest tech features.
This article covers all you need to know about the Course Builder settings so that you can actually enjoy new course builder functionalities. Apply these in your WordPress LMS website and make your learners engaged with a new learning experience of LearnDash 3.0
Let’s get started!
1. Global Course Settings LearnDash
Global Course Settings in the newly updated version of LearnDash 3.0 allows you to control all the settings for course creation and visual organization.
Here you’ll find settings related to manage and display your courses.
Before understanding about its course setting options, let’s get to know how you’ll navigate to the Global Course Management and Display Settings. And, it’s really a simple task. Here we go!
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to your LearnDash LMS Plugin
- Hit on the Courses Tab
- Under Courses Tab, you’ll find the settings option on the top
How to control course setting
When you navigate to the course settings option, you’ll find three settings option under Global course management and display settings. Let’s discuss one-by-one
a) Course Builder
This section allows you to manage all the lessons, topics, and Quiz associations.
You can either enable or disable the course builder as per your need. If you want to reuse steps across multiple courses, we’ll recommend you to keep this section enabled.
Enabling this section allows you to manage the following two options:
- Steps Displayed – Use this option to define a number of items that you want to display before pagination.
- Shared Course Steps – Enable this option if you want to share steps across multiple courses on your WordPress LMS site. Steps include lessons, topics, quizzes. The best part is that you can easily maintain the progress on a per-course basis.
[info_box title=”” image=”” animate=””]
- Enabling the Shared Course Step Option, will also enable the nested permalinks setting.
- And, by enabling the Nested URLs, it will restructure Lesson, Topic and Quiz URLs so they are nested hierarchically within the Course URL.
b) Course Table Pagination
This course settings option will allow you to customize the pagination options. You can customize it for all your offered courses, content tables, and courses navigation widgets.
An important point to be kept in mind is that if you disable this option, a default LearnDash General Settings will get applied to your course display settings.
c) Lesson and Topic Order
This option will let you customize the display order of lessons and topics. You can sort it how you think it is relevant to do. You can customize lessons and topics order in different ways like-
- Sort by: Select from a drop-down menu how you want to sort the order. You can sort by menu order, date, and title.
- Order Direction: Change the order direction either into ascending or descending.
2. Course Taxonomies
This is another settings option available for you in course builder settings of LearnDash 3.0. This settings option allows you to better organize your LearnDash courses by controlling the course taxonomies.
Here you will manage your courses in the following ways:
- Course Categories: This option will allow you to manage Course Categories via the Actions dropdown.
- Course Tags: This option will allow you to manage Course Tags via the Actions dropdown.
- WP Post Categories: This option will allow you to manage WP Post Categories via the Actions dropdown.
- WP Post Tags: This option will allow you to manage WP Post Tags via the Actions dropdown.
3. Custom Post Type options
The third setting under the Course Builder Settings tab is the Custom Post Type Options. When you enable its options, you can easily control the Custom Post Type Options of LearnDash.
- Course Search: Enable this option if you want to include course post type in the search results at the front-end.
- Archive Page: By enabling this option, you can enable your archive pages where all your courses are listed. Keep in mind that you have to save the permalinks again after enabling it. Besides, this option will allow you to enable an RSS feed for all course posts.
- Editor Supported Settings: Use this option if you want to configure WordPress Supported Settings within the editor and theme. It provides you with options to choose among featured image, comments, custom fields and, revisions.
Play with LearnDash 3.0!
Hope you find this article useful to launch your online course selling site with LearnDash WordPress LMS Plugin.
Hey! when you’re using LearnDash, isn’t it worth to make your course selling site more than just Awesome? I’ll recommend you to go with the LearnDash Themes and make your WordPress LMS site more interactive. Try LearnDash Theme here.
Leave a comment below if you need any specifications regarding LearnDash. We’ll always be there to assist you.