The notion of taking user ratings is a proven and a great way to read the mindset of your customer base or fan base or any community you are connected to. This way, you can instantly make changes to the current business process in order to better customer relationships and overall business productivity according to their preferences.Fortunately, adding a rating option in your WordPress Contact Form is way easier than you think. In this article, I will be showing you the easiest way to add user ratings in review feedback form using WordPress form plugin weForm from Wedevs.
Why Customer Reviews are Important
It’s not you nor your team that shapes your business. Customers are the ones who determine product development and all the other business progress over time. For this purpose, the collection of customer reviews regarding the goods and services you provide comes to the play.
Besides, by getting reviews you can get to know the pain points of your site visitors faster and thus you can have the opportunity to address their issues without much thinking.
Now, without further ado, let’s see the process of adding a rating system in your WordPress form.
Here Is How You Can Add a Rating Field in Your WordPress Form
If you have the weForms pro installed on your WordPress website, you can add rating field with the weForms pro in under 10 minutes. Follow these steps to add rating field in your WordPress website:
Step 1: Install & Activate weForms & weForms Pro
- First off, navigate to your WP Admin Dashboard > Plugins > Add New. Now Search for weForms. After that, you will find weForms. Click on “Install Now” button as shown on the screenshot:
- Now, click on the “Install Now” button. Finally, activate the plugin like all other WordPress plugins.
Now, get the weForms Pro zip file and upload it on your WordPress website like all the other WordPress plugins.
Step 2: Go to the Form Builder
- Now, go back to your WordPress Admin Dashboard > weForms > All Forms > Add Form.
Step 3: Create a Review feedback form
- Next, click on “Create Form” option from the “Blank Form” from the pop-up.
- After that, you will be taken to the form builder. From here select the Name, Email Address and Rating field from the Add Fields tab.
- At this stage, you can customize these fields from the field options tab according to your preferences.
For example, you can make the rating field required, use a placeholder, instruct your user with help texts. You can even create conditional logic.
To know more how to customize the rating field you can go through this easy-to-read the documentation.
Finally, hit the “Save Changes” button to save the form.
Step 4: Preview the Form
- Use the ‘Preview’ button to see how the form looks from the frontend:
Step 5: Publish the Form
There are two ways to publish the form. One way is to copy and paste the shortcode to a new page and the other way is to select the weForms block and to pick the specific form from therein.
Method 1: Using Shortcode in Gutenberg Editor
- After building and saving the form, click on the shortcode area:
- On clicking the button, the shortcode will be copied to the clipboard. After that, go to Add New page option and paste the code over there.
Now, click on the ‘Publish’ button and you are done.
Method 2: Using weForms block
- This method is pretty cooler than the former one. Because it uses the cutting-edge Gutenberg block system. Go to the Pages > Add New. Now, click on the “+” icon to add blocks. And select weForms from therein:
- Next up, you will get the weForms block containing all the created forms in a dropdown. Select the Review Form we created just now:
- After that, you will be able to see the form inside the editor:
Finally, hit the ‘Publish’ button and you are done.
How Your Users will Submit the Form?
Here is how your visitor will see the form from the frontend:
After filling out the fields and giving ratings, the visitor has to click on the submit button. After that your visitor will get the following success message:
How to check the Responses?
- To check all the responses, navigate to the weForms > Entries:
- Click on the details button to see the data of the entry:
- Finally, you will be able to see the following screen:
Back to You
Rating forms are the bare minimum to get the exact customer opinion and adjust your business activities accordingly. Creating rating forms in WordPress with weForms is as easy as pie. If you think you are smart enough why not you save your time and extra effort by using weForms and build amazing rating forms.