Do you know the best time to post on social media platforms? Knowing when to post on social platforms is one of the most important ways to stay a step ahead of competitors. However, you cannot post your content any time you want. The most popular questions any content marketer asks himself are when to post on Facebook or Instagram.
As per our research, the best time to post on social media is when your customers and followers are online. Every social media channel will have a different time that works best for the audience. So if you want to reach the majority of time zones then aim to send not more than three or four messages in a single day, and schedule the posts for different times on social media to reach various countries.
Simply posting a lot of content, pictures, or videos on social media channels at any time does not work that well. You need to refine your tactics in creating high-quality content and maximizing opportunities to get more audience engagement. Read this article and know the best time to post on social media, best day, and worst day to post content on social media platforms to increase your followers. Let’s get started.
Best time to post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & Pinterest
1. Best Time to Post on Facebook
The engagement on Facebook is at its peak in the mid-week. The best time to post is on every day of the week from the morning to mid-afternoon. In these time slots, the engagement is more. The engagement reaches its peak around lunchtime (middle of the day) when people have more time to scroll through the feeds and engage with posts that they like.
Facebook keeps a ton of detailed data that is specific to your pages and audiences to help you make educated choices on peak posting times. People log in to Facebook on both mobile devices and desktop computers, both at work and at home but how they use it depends on the audience. According to a study, 66% of monthly Facebook users use it daily and each visit to Facebook lasts 10 or 12 minutes.
Let’s know the best times to post on Facebook:-
- The peak times to post on Facebook are between 1 pm-3 pm during the week. Engagement rates were highest on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Facebook sees an increase in click rates between 11:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. when users take their lunch break.
- The best times to post on the Facebook Business page is Wednesday at 1 p.m. and Friday at 11 a.m. It’s no surprise that consumer goods brands thrive online during weekdays, with certain periods.
- The best times to post on Facebook for the media are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at 5 p.m. and on Friday from 8–9 a.m. The media companies see higher engagement than other industries throughout the entire week.
- The least amount of user engagement is in early mornings and evenings before 7 am and after 5 pm
- The Worst day to post anything on Facebook is Sunday. Sunday is the least engaging day on Facebook.
- If you are also looking to increase public engagement on Facebook try to include videos as people are spending more time watching videos or live streaming videos on Facebook. Don’t miss out on Wednesdays, as you get more attention on Facebook during Wednesdays.
2. Best Time to Post on Twitter
Twitter has become a major destination to discuss happenings in the real world. Most Twitter users tend to catch up on the latest news and tweets in the early morning. On average, around 500 million tweets are sent out. That is why Twitter is regarded as a treasure trove of social opinions. It can help you to shape up your brand strategy and may even help you make key decisions.
Like Facebook, people can easily use Twitter on both mobile devices and desktop computers from anywhere. Twitter remains on top for connecting with your audiences directly, through everything from mentions to direct messages that may not even mention your brand directly.
To get the best engagement for the Tweets, you need to know when to post on Twitter so that your content gets your audience’s full attention. The best times to post on Twitter are on Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 11 am. Twitter posts are at peaks during the afternoon when everyone’s having lunch and from 5 to 6 PM, right after people clock out from their jobs. Schedule your posts around the peak times or the safest times for engagement.
Let’s know the best times to post on Twitter:-
- The best times to post on Twitter for consumer goods are on Sunday at 11 a.m. It is essential to develop a strategy for retail brands for managing and responding to incoming customer messages.
- The best B2C businesses’ time slots to post on Twitter are between 8 to 10 am, 12 noon, and then between 7 pm to 9 pm. It is the best time to get maximum user engagement as the users are just waking up and they are winding down for the day.
- The best times to post on Twitter for healthcare are on Wednesday from 8 a.m.–2 p.m. Twitter is an ideal place for healthcare services to engage customers directly to share their questions and concerns about health and wellness.
- The best times to post on Twitter for recreation are on Friday at 9 am. At 9 am there is a consistent engagement occurring every day.
- The worst time for posting on Twitter is on weekend evenings after 8 pm. You should try to avoid tweeting during these times as they see lower engagement, clicks, retweets, and so on.
3. Best Time to Post on Instagram
Instagram is the second most popularly used social media platform for daily use. It is a Facebook-owned platform that shows relatively similar global usage patterns. The best time to post on Instagram occurs around midday in the week, and lower engagement on weekends.
Instagram is perfect for showcasing and selling all types of products. There are also multiple approaches that a brand can use to highlight their offerings, from influencer marketing strategies that provide lifestyle context to in-depth IGTV videos that help showcase every feature and selling point.
Instagram was originally designed to be used on mobile devices, so the best time to post is essentially anytime, although users tend to be more active during break time on workdays. Almost 1 billion people use Instagram every month and 500 million people use Instagram stories every single day. With slightly improved users’ engagement is between 3 and 4 p.m. Instagram IGTV Videos are watched the most at nighttime between 9 p.m. and 8 a.m.
Let’s know the best times to post on Instagram:-
- The best time to post on Instagram is on Wednesday at 11:00 AM and from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM on Friday for better results. Try posting early weekday mornings as people usually check their phones first after they wake up.
- The best day to post on Instagram is Friday as it is the time that everyone is looking for some gorgeous Insta shots to get them through to the weekend. Instagram Users scroll through images, videos, and Stories for snackable content when they’re on a snack break.
- Post on Instagram at 5:00 AM from Tuesday to Friday to get the highest amount of engagement.
- Media companies show relatively unique patterns of engagement on Instagram, with higher engagement times on Monday through Friday between either 8–10 a.m. or 2–4 p.m.
- Overall, the best times to post on Instagram at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Beware of posting on Sundays, as you’re unlikely to get many likes or comments then.
4. Best Time to Post on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a professional social media network that is used by recruiters, and business people for their work. It gets the most clicks, shares, and comments right before work, after work, and during lunchtime. LinkedIn currently has over 590 million users, with more than 260 million monthly active users and around 57% of LinkedIn users use mobiles to browse through information and posts. And 2 million posts, articles, and videos are published on LinkedIn every day.
LinkedIn is a little different from the other platforms in that it has a very specific user base that usually targets a more specific audience than other social networks, with its focus on professional users. LinkedIn is the top most used social media site with the largest number of social media leads. People prefer to check their LinkedIn feeds during the weekdays rather than over the weekend. Weekends are the worst times to post on LinkedIn for engagement and visibility.
Let’s know the best times to post on LinkedIn:-
- To post on LinkedIn the best day is Wednesday. The peak time of LinkedIn use during weekdays is noon and between 5 to 6 PM.
- Post on Tuesday between 11 am to 12 pm to get more clicks and shares on your LinkedIn.
- According to a study, the best time to post on LinkedIn is on Wednesday between 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM, especially for B2B companies.
- The most reliable people engagement occurs during the Weekdays, Tuesday through Friday, 8 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Linked posts engagement drops off outside of working hours, every day before 4 a.m. and after 8 p.m.
- The worst time to post on LinkedIn is between 10 PM to 6 AM.
Now, you know the best times to post on LinkedIn, you can attract the right audiences on LinkedIn when they are most engaged. Focus on your LinkedIn content strategy on the dead center of the week. On Tuesdays, you get the most clicks and shares on the network.
5. Best Time to Post on Pinterest
Pinterest is another great social media platform for strong visuals are an important part of your content marketing strategy. As per research, 250 million people use Pinterest every month and 80% of them use mobile to browse through Pinterest. According to research, 70% of Pinterest users are females? So to target women, Pinterest can be a great social media platform for you. Pinterest pins are 100 times more spreadable than a tweet and drive 33% more traffic than Facebook.
According to research, Saturday morning is the best time to post on Pinterest for better user engagement. Pinterest mostly promotes highly visual content which helps in building brand awareness. Pinterest also helps you to get the most out of your pins with their built-in analytics tool.
Let’s know the best times to post on Pinterest:-
- Pinterest is a partly female-oriented social media platform, so it’s best to post during the evening on weekdays and the weekend.
- The best times to post on Pinterest are on Friday and Saturday in the late hours between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. mostly at 9 pm and then in the middle of the night from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- The best time to post on Pinterest is before or after working hours and lunchtime. Try to avoid posting pins during working hours.
- Other appropriate times for posting content on Pinterest are between 2 and 4 a.m., 2 and 4 p.m., and at 3 p.m. on Fridays.
- The worst time to post pins on Pinterest is in the evenings during after-work commuting hours.
Final Thoughts on best time to post on social media
Therefore from the above article, we can conclude that the best times to post on social media are the times that perfectly work for your brand and your audience. Knowing the best time to post on social media can improve your content strategy and help you to understand more about audiences. Use effective posts for increasing traffic to your blog, shares, or for any other purposes. By taking your analytics of data and research, build a clear pattern of your audience’s behavior. This will also help you to monitor your Social media engagement and analyze your social data. By this, you can find the best times to post on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social networks. Use the above guidelines when posting photos or videos on social but remember that every brand is different. Thank you for reading this if any query is written in the comment section below.