The idea of doing your website designing yourself or web development is no longer a daunting task as you can build your own website. You can even insert images, edit content, modify files using FTP taking the aid of several free as well as paid web design software. These web design software lets you perform the task which otherwise you would have outsourced to a web developer or some other unit of the company you are working with.
Here’s our best pick of the 10 best web designing software and tools that equip you to create, update, and edit web pages seamlessly without any experience of coding.
WordPress is the most preferred choice for most of the web developers. It is open-source software that allows creating a beautiful website, blog, or app. From hobby blogs to the biggest news sites, you can create any kind of site. You can use many free or premium plugins to extend your website as per your needs. WordPress itself offers many useful plugins from its own repository. Using these plugins, you can easily add an online store, mailing lists, galleries, analytics, forums, and much more. It has offers beautiful WordPress themes that you can use to style up your website.
- Customizable Designs
- SEO Friendly
- Responsive Mobile Sites
- High Performance
- Manage on the Go
- High Security
- Powerful Media Management
- Easy and Accessible
#2 Adobe Spark
Sometimes, you don’t require a conventional website to carry your message across. Adobe Spark Page is perfect for projects that don’t need more than one page, like blog posts, presentations, resumes, portfolios and photo galleries. Regarding businesses, a Spark Page can display a product catalog, advertise a special offer, or work as a weekly or monthly newsletter.
Their tools permit you to design projects on all Android, desktops, and iOS devices by downloading their apps. Every tool – posts, pages, and video – has a separate downloadable app. As part of the rebranding, they’ve been renamed Spark Post Photo Editing Tool, Spark Page and Spark Video, respectively. The 3 tools create social memes, mini websites, and narrated tutorials, respectively.
You can sign up for a new Adobe Spark account employing your Facebook, Google, or Adobe ID credentials, and also an email/password combo. After you’re signed up and logged in , you’re ready to begin creating.
- Beautiful Typography
Select from a range of free professionally designed fonts for each occasion.
- Iconic Imagery
Pick from thousands of photos on the web or choose from your personal collections on Adobe Lightroom, Dropbox, Adobe Creative Cloud or Google Photos.
- Professional Themes
Analyze our extensive variety of best-in-class layouts, fonts, and colors. Quickly tweak them with the photos, text, and icons that best suit your needs.
SquareSpace is an extensively publicized online web builder, which is endorsed by many celebrities like Keanu Reevs, John Malkovich, Jeff Bridges etc. it’s well known for their beautiful and striking templates, which cater to plenty of styles and fields.
- Mobile responsive templates protects you from needing to make them mobile-friendly additionally.
- Features like video workshops, guides, webinars, community forums allows you to begin using the software from scratch.
- The splendid website interface will afford you the probability to enjoy the process of designing.
- Allows you to edit CSS code if you possess coding skills.
- Style Editor tool lets you wholly customize the templates, including sizes, colors, fonts, sidebars width, etc.
Weebly is regarded as the easiest web builder among the beginners and professional web designers. It allows you to develop a website without any coding experience. However, if you know how to code, unlike SquareSpace and Wix, you can edit the CSS and HTML.
- More than 40 layout designs, containing portfolios, website maps aid you spark in web design.
- Presents plenty of low-key info buttons, pop-ups, lists and email sequence to attend to your workflow.
- Availability of different plans from free to enterprise tiers, so you don’t need to overpay for features that you don’t require
- Easy shift between trendy, responsive templates and themes that are present on the application.
Webflow constitutes a cloud-related responsive web design tool. It also comprises a content management system (CMS) and a hosting platform.
- It’s ideal for developers, web designers and content managers.
- No coding skills needed to build a website, though you can perform your personal codes if required.
- You can master basics of web design including CSS and HTML by using the Webflow website.
- You can design and edit the web page, employing an WYSIWYG editor.
- It contains a drag and drop feature that accelerates the whole process of building the web page.
- You can quickly navigate through the web page with the effective search option.
#6 Wix (Free)
Wix is a simple-to-use online web builder. You can discover tools, templates and applications, which are ideal for any niche that you are working in. It is so intrinsic that you can design your website without any previous experience in web design.
- Offers extensive tutorials which will aid starters to get things straight quicker.
- A phone and email support is present for additional help.
- Over 500 templates from different fields, including graphic design, music, cafes, small business, hotels, etc.
- Presents versatility of features, which are updated with greater frequency than other comparable software.
A superb tool for springing your digital ideas to life. Similarly with most designers, they are excellent at designing, but with regard to coding up their ideas, they strike a brick wall and need to outsource.
Marvel bridges a gap in this process by offering the user with a ‘code-free’ prototyping tool. It entirely converts images and sketches into interactive prototypes. What remains with you is a prototype that really feels, looks and functions like a true website.
You are required to join your Dropbox account to get to use Marvel. After you’ve connected it with your Dropbox, Marvel will next gather all the files required to design your website or app.
Marvel operates from your PSD files, which is then put into the Marvel dashboard, which is super instinctive and wonderful to use. You can then hotlink your pages together similar as you would with a conventional HTML web builder.
- The capacity to build transitions between links/pages
- Option of preset app development environments – (IOS app – Android app)
- Fast preview of pages in browsers.
- Simple to share ideas with work partners, with great commenting functionality
- Integration with Slack
- User testing tools for iOS.
#8 Xara Web Designer
Xara Web Designer combines all tools needed for web designers, including web graphics, illustration, photo-editing, expanded web page layout, etc. Xara Web Designer allows you to design and publish the website in a single program.
- It allows you to design responsive sites, which can be seen on any devices.
- It contains 35 website templates and 500 design elements.
- There are 2 editions: Xara Web Designer and Xara Web Designer Premium.
- The latter provides advanced features, like more templates, search engine optimization, etc.
- Furnishes you complete design freedom with drag and drop tool and WYSIWYG editor.
Sketch is a primary rival to the Adobe Suite for becoming the best in the web design sphere. It is prominent for its lightweight interface. A starter can quickly understand the software without extra tutorials. It is a vector graphic software, and also pixel-aware.
- Plenty of features to enable you to perform your work easily and quickly.
- It allows you to export different types of files at the same time.
- Superb choice of various plugins, like Magic Mirror, React app, Auto Layout, etc.
- Ideal for UI interface design.
- Sketch Cloud allows you to share your assets and receive instant feedback.
#10 Affinity Designer
Affinity Designer is another image editing software for UX interface design. Matching to Figma and Adobe XD, Affinity Designer is primarily notable for the presence of reorganizing panels and the bargain price. It forms part of Sketch alternative and unlike Sketch, you can employ it on Windows.
- Permits you to slice an object and export it into any size or format.
- Intuitive user interface and even beginners in web design won’t face any difficulties.
- You can alter any properties of the symbols, including shapes, layers, colors, etc.
- Combines with Affinity Photo application, which allows you to enjoy raster capabilities.
#11 Macaw (Free)
Macaw is a web design tool that permits you to create and design websites. Macaw affords you the possibility to create a responsive webpage together with attractive web and system fonts.
- Alchemy tool allows you to transform your design element into HTML and CSS codes.
- You can collect your design elements in the library and reuse them later.
- Optimizes your website for all devices.
- Stream, a true-time layout engine allows you to easily manipulate your design elements.
Due to common fallacies about web design, many starters feel that it would require them years to make decent and professional website designs. Whereas it’s true that you improve over time, the proper web design software can aid you easily build beautiful designs with minimal skills.
This is since some web design software automates the whole process which enables even absolute starters to design beautiful websites. The above mentioned are a few of the finest web design software that will aid you design as an expert web designer.