BuddyPress Lock – Private Community
Features of BuddyPress Lock
- Lock Various BuddyPress Components
- Protect Custom Post Types from logout users
- Allows you to choose which page will be public or private.
- Download the zip file and extract it.
- Upload the entire bp-lock folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu.
- Alternatively, you can use WordPress Plugin installer from Dashboard->Plugins->Add New to add this plugin
Protect your BuddyPress Installation from strangers. Only registered users will be allowed to view the protected pages and all other users will be redirected to the login page.
It will help to protect member’s directory, user profile, and activity pages. These can only be visited by logged in users. The plugin also provides an option to lock down group component for logged out users and they will be redirected to login page.
The purpose of the plugin is primarily for organizations, they usually want a public presence but may not want to disclose membership details to non-members. Google also indexes all BuddyPress member pages by default and to keep your member data private we will recommend hiding profile details and their regular community activity gets indexed inside Google.