Instagram, as you may know, comes with a live video option. This Instagram Live option is very useful ion showcasing your products and skills. In addition to that, this unique Instagram feature will also allow you to share your content in real-time.
This unique feature allows you to showcase exciting content in real-time and even engaging and interesting moments such as reveals and Q&As.
It is due to all these benefits provided to the business accounts, Instagram Live has become one of the most useful and popular features of this photo and video sharing platform.
In order to use this feature that will start a live video stream you will have to:
- Open the Instagram camera
- Swipe to the Live setting and
- Click the Start Live Video button.
Once the live video starts, the followers who are currently active on the platform will receive a notification that you are living.
The good thing about this feature is that the live viewers are able to comment on the live video as well. All they have to do is use the built-in chat feature of the app. Interesting and useful as it is, you should use this Instagram Live video feature sparingly.
IGTV or Instagram TV is the latest video offering of Instagram. This is available to the business accounts for watching either through the standalone IGTV app or the Instagram app. Users can view long-form or vertical video from Instagram creators. The type of video can be anything including:
- Cooking videos
- Interviews with celebrities
- Product reviews and more.
Now you may ask what is the difference between Instagram Live and IGTV? Well, IGTV is the uploaded footage. This gives users the opportunity to fine-tune and edit their videos. On the other hand, in the Instagram Live feature, the content is filmed and uploaded live.
To start posting, you will have to:
- Download the IGTV app
- Create a channel and
- Upload a video that is within 15 to 10 minutes in length.
However, if your account is verified, you can create and run videos that are an hour long as well.
At this point, you should know that as of now, the IGTV videos can only be viewed on mobile devices. This is because the Instagram app or the IGTV app does not support desktop viewing.
Using Instagram wisely
So much for the Instagram Live feature! If you want to use Instagram for your business marketing purpose in the best way possible, then you will need to use its other features as wisely as well. It is only then you will be able to:
- Learn how to get more followers
- Build your target audience
- Set and achieve your business goals
- Analyze different metrics and measure the performance of your account.
All these will enable you to measure the success of your Instagram marketing campaign.
In addition to that, you will also need to know how best you can use social media at every stage of the sales funnel so that you can attract and delight your customers, convert them and close a deal.
It is also paramount that you know how exactly you should advertise on Instagram so that you can reach out to a larger audience and get maximum mileage and returns. For this you will have to ensure you:
- Define your business goals
- Moderate and manage user engagement and
- Measure the success of your ads.
All these efforts will need a little bit of time and effort from you but in the long run, all these will prove to be worth your investment.
Using Instagram captions
Another very useful Instagram feature to focus on is the captions to add with your posts. First, you will need to know how exactly you should write Instagram Captions. Yes, it is true that a single picture may be worth a thousand words, but adding a carefully designed and defined caption will increase its worth even more, and there is no harm in it.
There may be something more than you need the picture to say and it is only the context words that can bring it.
Therefore, you will need to make sure that you write your captions carefully so that it is creative, meaningful and appealing. It is quite difficult to write meaningful and remarkable captions but it is not impossible. That is why you should follow these expert tips to relieve some of that pressure from you.
- Do not rush the process while you create a caption for your posts. In fact, you should spend enough time writing several drafts before coming up with the final one. You should ask for the opinions of others such as your friends or co-workers. It is true that your content should be timely but it is more important to make it engaging. Since Instagram has recently changed the algorithm to organize the feed of each user to show what they are likely to find engaging, the visibility of your post will depend on the number of likes and comments it receives. Therefore, make sure that your content is engaging and delightful to your customers.
- Also, consider the length of your caption because it has a limit of up to 2,200 characters on Instagram as opposed to 140 only allowed by Twitter. Moreover, considering the fact that only three to four lines of the caption are visible regardless of the length to the users, it is required that the caption is appealing right from the first line. This will encourage the users to click on ‘More…’ to see the rest. Therefore, put the most important content right at the top of the caption so that it is always visible. That means you should not avoid long captions altogether. Since Instagram is a great medium for storytelling, you may use longer captions using quotes from the people you photograph.
These approaches will ensure that you gain a lot of followers and do not need to buy automatic Instagram likes that has all the possibilities to be fake.
Author Bio –
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings.