For creating a new LearnDash course simply head towards Dashboard >> LearnDash LMS >> Courses >> Add New.
You can easily create a course just like you create a page/post. Add the course title and description.
Create a new course category if you want to categorise your course.
Options under LearnDash course setting are as follow:
Course Price Type – You will get following options under course price type.
- Open: All your students will automatically enrol for the course.
- Closed: There will be a custom button URL option, which has to be used to enter a purchase link for course access.
- Free: Only those students who opt for it, will be enrolled in it if the course is set as free.
- Buy Now: Set a price for the course, which can be purchased. The purchase can be easily made by the default payment option in LearnDash (PayPal).
- Recurring: Courses can be purchased on a subscription basis.
Course prerequisites – It will allow you to prevent a student from taking a course without completing the previous one.
Disable Lesson Progression – To disable the option of lesson completion in an order.
Expire Access – Expires a student’s access to a course after a set duration.
You also have an all-new way of creating and assigning a lesson, topic and quiz to a course visually. Learndash from version 2.5.0 provides an option of a drag and drop course builder.
Publish the course after adding the needed details.
Now you can proceed to add lessons and topics.