We all know how handy Semrush is for entrepreneurs and marketers. With features like excellent analytics reports, backlink audit reports, and keyword search toolkit, Semrush offers most of the solutions for businesses of all scales and sizes. However, not everyone can afford the price tag that Semrush comes at. Especially for freelancers and startups, Semrush can turn out to be quite expensive and might not ultimately be worth it. This is why a lot of people have started looking at other alternatives for Semrush that are affordable and offer solutions to all of their marketing needs in one place. In this article, we have compiled a list of 5 of the best free and paid alternatives for Semrush. So let’s jump right in!
Table of Contents
5 Best SEMRush Alternatives
UberSuggest is one of the best Semrush alternatives available for free. With a ton of useful features like Domain overview, content ideas, keyword suggestions, UberSuggest proves to help increase traffic by a huge margin without charging anything for it.
Also Read: Top Video Background WordPress Plugins
- Top SEO pages: With the top SEO pages report, you can keep a track of which of your competitor’s pages are ranking for popular organic keywords and which ones are loved by sites like Facebook.
- Keyword suggestions: UberSuggest provides all kinds of keyword suggestions right from title words to long-tail phrases. You can also see volume, competition, and even seasonal trends for each keyword.
- Domain Overview: UberSuggest allows you to get insight into the strategies that are working for your competitors in a similar market. This helps you improve your SEO, content marketing, as well as social media marketing strategy.
- Content ideas: By simply typing any given keyword and searching for what kind of content pieces get more social shares and backlinks, UberSuggest helps you manage your content and write about topics that people are interested in.
- Backlink data: UberSuggests also provides you with backlink data using which you can see the exact content in your space that people are linking to. With this data in hand, you can approach these websites and ask them to link to you.
To download UberSuggests, click here.
2. Google Keyword Planner
Possibly the most popular free Semrush alternative, Google Keyword Planner is an easy-to-use tool for businesses of all kinds and comes with your Google Ads account.
- SEO campaign ideas: Google Keyword Planner naturally suggests SEO campaign ideas pivoting around keywords by domain, products, or services.
- Access previous data: With this tool, you can get access to previous data from your competitors such as average monthly searches and competitor analysis for keywords.
- Predictive keywords: Google Keyword Planner also provides forecasts for keyword performance which is calculated based on predictive clicks, seasonal keywords, and probable conversions.
- Advanced sorting: This tool also offers some advanced sorting features like average CPC, CTR, clicks, and impressions to filter your search results.
To download Google Keyword Planner, click here.
3. SEO Powersuite
SEO Powersuite is another SEMrush alternative that offers great features, customer support, search engine compatibility, and white label reports. This tool has a free version that provides unlimited site crawls and keyword searches. Furthermore, they offer two premium plans called the SEO PowerSuite Professional plan for $299 and the SEO PowerSuite Enterprise plan for $699. Both paid plans have added features and benefits that you can choose based on your requirements. For more info, you can check SEO Powersuite review.
- Multiple keyword suggestion tools: This tool contains 19 different keyword suggestion tools that outline the bounce rate and traffic of every keyword on your radar.
- Backlinks: SEO Powersuite also analyzes backlinks of 50+ factors to create a profound report that gives excellent link-building recommendations.
- Optimization suggestions: With this tool, you also get optimization suggestions to improve the ranking and indexing of the page. Furthermore, a site audit can reveal dead links and missing HTML snippets.
- Competitive analysis: This feature helps you get access to your competitors’ backlinks, keywords, and content strategy. Using this you can improve your strategy and increase traffic on your page.
To download SEO PowerSuite, click here.
4. Web CEO
Web CEO is one of the oldest SEO cloud-based softwares in the market today. One of the many unique things about this tool is that it is available in over 20 languages including Greek, Hebrew, Ukrainian, Korean, and many others. Their monthly paid plans start at $35 for a solo plan and go up to $299 for a corporate plan.
- Multiple SEO software tools: This tool contains more than 20 pro-level SEO software tools to do keyword research and check rankings. You can also run in-depth SEO audits, monitor backlinks, conduct social media analysis, competitor research, and much more.
- Manage multiple projects: With Web CEO, you can also add multiple projects and schedule SEO tasks for each of them in a batch. Furthermore, you can view progress at a glance and get in-depth marketing analysis for every site extremely easily.
- New SEO leads daily: By simply embedding a lead generation widget on your website, you can easily view your SEO reports and generate leads based on which keywords and backlinks are working for your website.
To download Web CEO, click here.
5. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is an all-in-one solution to social media management. With a plethora of amazing features, Sprout Social has become highly popular in recent years in all kinds of business fields. While they do offer a free trial, they offer 3 premium packs called Standard pack at $99 per month, Professional pack at $149 per month, and Advanced pack at $249 per month. Each pack has various added features that you can choose based on your requirements.
- Analytics by network: Sprout social provides you with analytics based on multiple networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and many more. With the help of this, you can understand which keywords are working on which platform and create and manage your content accordingly.
- Profile performance report: This tool provides a high-level overview of performance across all connected profiles to quickly evaluate social growth.
- Competitor reports: Using this feature, you can easily track your competitors’ performance across multiple platforms and compare it with your own. Based on what is working best, you can create an improved content strategy.
- Tag report: Sprout Social also enables you to access an overview of your inbound and outbound tagged messages. This helps you easily analyze the volume, performance patterns, and campaign effectiveness.
To download Sprout social, click here.
While Semrush has been a long-time favorite for many big businesses, it is important to realize that there are many alternatives with similar features and affordable price tags. Tools like UberSuggest, Google Keyword Planner, SEO PowerSuite, Web CEO, and Sprout Social, you can easily get access to all the features of SEMRush for free, or at extremely reasonable prices. Although there are many more alternatives for SEMRush, the 5 tools mentioned in this list are the most popular among users and prove to give excellent results. Have you used any of these tools before? How was your experience? Let us know!